Simpsons creator predicts show's end...

{{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Cool You certainly got my attention!

That's what I always figured they'd do with the show.

Funny, I think most fans have known for some time about the show's end. It ended for me about a year or two ago. Same thing with the X-files.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

{{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

I'm probably the most die-hard Simpsons fan in existence but in the last few years, some episodes began to fall flat. I think it's about time for the show to end. It's already the greatest TV show of all time, what more can it hope to achieve?
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I agree Bosskman. Some of the episodes in the past year or so are more on the silly side than the intelegent side. I still really enjoy the show, but it seems some of the episodes just don't have a message anymore. I'm no critic, but I have been watching season 1 on DVD lately and realize how different the show is now. Befor it was a show about everyday situations that the family deals with. Now a days the show is more often silly and putting the characters in situations that no one can relate to.

I am glad that they will be around for a while, I just hope that they can come up with better plot lines and more intelegent comedy rather than silly comedy.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

ManCan, I agree with your statement. Groening may be one of the coolest guys, but the show he created has been dead for years, it's now just an unfunny shell of its former self IMO.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Definatly have to agree with JediTricks, the Simpsons hasn't been really funny in years. Sorry to see it drag on, and decent shows like Futurama get cancelled while they are still fresh. Die Simpsons, Die.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I think the Simpsons is definately not as good as it was 4-5 years ago, but I still enjoy it. One thing I've noticed though, is that this season and last season's episodes seem to have a celebrity voice in every new episode. Has anyone else noticed it?

I'm glad that where I'm at, I get the show in syndication 3 times a day, everyday.

And as much as I don't like the show these last 2 seasons as much, I still think its one of the better shows on tv. I think the Simpson's are pretty much the greatest example of today's culture. No other show, IMO, has had as much of in impact in the last few decades as the Simpsons, and it'll be a sad day when they finally air the last episode.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Definatly have to agree with JediTricks, the Simpsons hasn't been really funny in years. Sorry to see it drag on, and decent shows like Futurama get cancelled while they are still fresh. Die Simpsons, Die.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Futurama is so freaken cool!! It is time for the Simpsons to move on. It's always been one of the best shows. It will be missed.
    " You ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light? I ask all my prey, I just like the sound of it"

" See you around kid "