Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by LTBasker
    I think in an Insider it was talking about a SpaceBalls 2 being made, but it'd be a prequel and there would be the kid from Stuart Little playing little Lord Helmet. Not sure if it was a joke or not, but I dunno.
    It was a joke that the Insider liked from that joke news story website The Onion. Sorry to burst your bubble Basker, though Spaceballs II: The Search for More Money would be a great flic. But I don't ever see it happening, especially since John Candy died. Plus Brooks has referenced sequels in a couple of his movies that never happened, History of the World part II was jokingly hyped at the end of the first one. Anyone else remember the take off on Star Wars? With the Jew Fighters.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Oh yeah and Robin Hood: Men In Tights referenced a sequel for it but it never happened. I actually liked the movie too. 'Course I also liked Dead and Loving It, especially after seeing Bram Stroker's Dracula.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I saw spaceballs a couple of weeks ago again too and I didn't remember it being so funny
    I could watch it a thousand times and still laugh about the jokes
    I liked men in tights and dead and loving it, too

"I had another daymare..."

"How many a**holes are on this ship?"
    I just love that bit

I lent my copy of Spaceballs to a mate and he hasn't given it me back yet, I miss it

PENDO!

My most fave part of this movie is when they are literally "combing" the desert.

DH: "Found anything yet?"

2 guys with Black comb: "Not yet sir"

DH: "How bout you?"

2 more guys with Black comb: "Nothing here"

DH: "What about you"

cut to guy with hair pick, zoom in real close to face: "WE AINT FOUND ****!!!!!!"

I ROTFLMAO when he said that...

also the part, "we lost the creeps, the sweeps, and the beeps....."

Spaceballs really hovers on my list, sometimes I really like it, but sometimes I dunno, it just falls flat. However, I often quote the film, especially Dark Helmet's "I knew it, I'm surrounded by a__holes! ...Keep firing, a__holes!"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hmmm, I popped in the DVD today and had another go - I love it!

JediTricks
    Spaceballs really hovers on my list, sometimes I really like it, but sometimes I dunno, it just falls flat.
    I can agree with that in a related sense. After watching it again, I realize there are things in there that I don't find that funny anymore. However, I don't think it falls flat for me, because some things just do not fit my sense of humor. For the most part, I really enjoy it and had some great laughs along the way.

Is it just me, or does Princess Vespa (played by Daphne Zuniga) remind anyone of Tracy Gold from Growing Pains ?

Harry Shearer - IMDb lists him as an uncredited News Broadcaster.

RIP John Candy
    Last edited by 2-1B; 04-15-2002 at 01:02 AM.

Question Spaceballs....

Does anyone here hate Spaceballs because it (kind of) makes fun of Star Wars? I think the movie is hilarious!

"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine."
    -Dark Helmet LOL

No way it is a spectacular movie. It is a space parody just like Scary Movie is of horror films. It makes fun of all space stories including Star Trek.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I love SPACEBALLS!!! I hope they make the sequel that was mentioned in the first movie.

My favourite part is the "How many @$$ holes do we have on this ship?" scene. Hillarious!!!!!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection