Unhappy Padme: Arena, How they could have made her so much better.

I know there has been some talk about how bad the figure is, but I actually like her. I think just the execution of the quick-draw action was the problem. I had finally picked her and Kit Fisto up today at K-Mart and was setting her up with my other figures. And It came to me. If they wanted to give her the quick draw action, and not have her look so bad on display, they should have made her action like Zam Wesell's.

Atleast Zam's can go down to her side and stay there, since it snaps into place and is released with a button. Plus having her arm point straight out forward like Zam's, instead of sideways would have looked alot better. The way it is now, her arm doesn't lock down at all, and she's always shooting somthing off to the side. Atleast with Zam's Quick Draw action, she could have been posed firing straight foreward, or with her arm down at her side.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

How they could've made her better in 4 easy steps:

1. Put the gimmick down and step away from the gimmick.
    2. Hey! stay...stay.... good... now... don't go near the gimmick again.
    3. Accurately proportion her (We didn't really need super-abs Padme Croft)
    4. Free her from her under-articulated bonds and let her move freely among the others!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I picked up a Padme on the 23rd, but haven't opened her up yet. I think I read or heard somewhere though that you're supposed to be able to twist her waist and her arm locks down; then twist it back and her arms goes up to 'shoot'.
    The thing that I didn't notice, but my fiance pointed out to me, is that her head looks disproportionately small for her body. Maybe she's just ripping on another girl...
    "I'm getting too old for this kind of thing"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    How they could've made her better in 4 easy steps:
    1. Put the gimmick down and step away from the gimmick.
    2. Hey! stay...stay.... good... now... don't go near the gimmick again.
    3. Accurately proportion her (We didn't really need super-abs Padme Croft)
    4. Free her from her under-articulated bonds and let her move freely among the others!
    I know your feeling on the gimmicks Basker, we have discussed it alot. I understand where you are coming from, but I like the action features. So, no need to start that debate again.

Her abs and chest isn't that bad, looking at the huge blown up photos that we first saw made her look pretty buffed. But now, I think she looks pretty correct. Her bust size isn't really any bigger then Leia's. Her abs arn't that bad either, frankly. Compare the figure to a picture of her in that outfit from the movie, and it's pretty close. Just take a look at her from the visual dictionary.

By the way, anyone notice a color difference in her pillar. I have a dark brown bottom. And the top is light brown. I dunno if there was a color change in the production run, similar to Kit Fisto's and Yoda's faces, or if all of them are like that. It's a really obvious color difference though.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	padme arena.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	1587  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The column is scaled down alot, they should've just added 3 BIG Columns with the Arena playset, and left Padme columnless.

Nah, then people would be complaining about her being a rip-off like Taun We or worse than Taun We.... I think the pillar is actually the highlight of the figure, even though I think we get all 3 pillars with the Arena playset.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I only wish they could have filled in the indention in her shoulder from her shoulder joint. Really unattractive, although the figure does really look good Natalie Portman <3
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((IIIIIIIOIIIII

Tom Coglin does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
    But he asks the impossible. I need more Monkey-Chow.
    - Caesar