Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did anyone see The Simpsons with Stan Lee?

My cartoon art teacher taped it and we watched it in class today (sadly no tv at boarding school) and it's so funny. Anyone else see it.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

I like the way he wouldn't leave the comic shop and kept restacking the comics in their bins, and his trying to become the Hulk. " but I did it once before" Great episode.
    " You ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light? I ask all my prey, I just like the sound of it"

" See you around kid "

"I think his brain may no longer be in mint condition."
    I love the Comic Book Guy!
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Yeah, I thought it was a cute episode.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Isn't Mr. Lee working for DC Comics now? That made his "Marvel Support" even more funny to me! Marvel rocks!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I saw it, I wished I hadn't seen it though. I didn't enjoy it much at all, lots of potential fell flat there, and Stan Lee's lines were dreck.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Stan Lee's lines are always dreck. Who goes around saying "Excelsior" anyway?

I thought it was prett damn funny. I love the way he can poke fun at himself. Although, nothing will ever top his performance in Mallrats.

I liked when he stuffed the Thing toy into the Batmobile. And then he put an X-Men comic over a Batman comic.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Excelsior, according to a Stan Lee's Soapbox column, are those packing peanuts used to ship boxes, I think. Who doesn't use those nowadays? Stan Lee is the same as Steve Allen; people just don't realize the impact he's had on a particular area. I mean, Steve invented the Pog!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Excelsior is not packing peanuts, it's straw-like wood shavings that's been used for packing needs and stuffing furniture for over 100 years. It was a trademarked name, meant to refer to be lofty, to "excel", and it was used to express such feelings of lofty excitement.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I stand corrected. Apparently, I was NOWHERE NEAR the true definition of "excelsior." I curtsey to your superior knowledge in my sarcastic way, JT.
    I guess I'd never heard Stan Lee speak before, but it's just the way I thought he would talk.

"With great power comes great electric bills."