Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spider-Man (Soundtrack)

I just got the Spider-Man soundtrack today I got it at Circuit City where you the 3D cover it looked like their last one I didn't see any more but I'm sure they had some more, but over all it's a pretty good soundtrack I mean it's worth it since you get 19 tracks for like $11.99 plus tax not too bad. Also did anyone else happen to buy it?

I was browsing today and admired the 3D cover. I'll buy it eventually for my Aerosmith collection, I'm not sure how much I'll like the rest of the album.

Is it a musical score or just a collection of songs from rock bands?

If it is simply a collection then who is on it?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

B, it's a combo of songs and score, I noticed a few tracks credited to Danny Elfman.

Here we go,

Music from and inspired by Spider-Man
    1. Theme From Spider Man
    2. Hero - Chad Kroeger (feat. Josey Scott)
    3. What We're All About - Sum 41
    4. Learn To Crawl - Black Lab
    5. Somebody Else - Bleu
    6. Bug Bites - Alien Ant Farm
    7. Blind - Default
    8. Bother - Corey Taylor
    9. Shelter - Greenwheel
    10. When It Started - The Strokes
    11. Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
    12. Invisible Man - Theory Of A Dead Man
    13. Undercover - Pete Yorn
    14. My Nutmeg Phantasy - Macy Gray (feat. Angie Stone and Mos Def)(Tom Morello Mix)
    15. I - IV - V - Injected
    16. She Was My Girl - Jerry Cantrell
    17. Main Titles - Danny Elfman
    18. Farewell - Danny Elfman
    19. Theme from Spiderman - Aerosmith

Okay, it looks like my impression was wrong in that Elfman only has 2 credits.

Cool thanks Caesar! I don't recognize most of those bands; but from the trailer I would assume that they are alternative rock bands.

Aerosmith doing the Spider-Man theme. Who'da thunk it?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

As a Danny Elfman fanatic, it's definatley on my list.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

I think I'll definitely buy it. I really like the Spiderman theme.

Plus the Chad Kroeger song Hero is AWESOME. I love Nickleback.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Danny Elfman is listed with "Music By" credit in the trailer credits, which may explain the similarity between Spidey and Batman '89's scores (to be fair to Elfman, I haven't heard much of Spidey's yet).

How is the Aerosmith track, is it cool or weak?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm proud to say the Aerosmith track is cool! I listened to it once last night and decided I will buy it soon.
    Hard to explain, but I'll try. Instead of doing it in a "pop"py way like the old theme song, it's been slowed a bit, which I like. Great guitars (of course ) and Steven Tyler does a good job handling the singing.

Thanks Caesar, now I *have* to hear it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.