Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is the Captain Typho figure getting enough credit?

Wow, this one is now my second favorite Saga figure, right behind Dex. It just keeps growing on me! I know some people find him bland or boring, but I really love this figure.
    • Fairly neutral pose, a bit of positioning in the legs but he looks normal next to this POTF2 Stormtrooper
    • Nice articulation on the right arm, I'm able to find some cool poses with the blaster
    • Very nice paint job on the face, eyebrows and eye look great and the eyepatch is satisfactory
    • Blaster has nice colors, not as gummi as other accessories
    • Removable helmet!
    • The biggest surprise to me, he fits in my Naboo Fighter! Sure, a bit snug but he still fits :happy:

Anything I missed?
    Or what don't you like?

I wouldn't mind a holster for that pistol, but it's not too critical to me in this case.

I actually thought this figure looked pretty well done when I saw in out in the stores as well. I guess, maybe it's hard for people to get THAT excited about him because he's a human and we really don't know exactly what he will do in ATOC. Plus, it probably doesn't help that Padme's last Head of Security was such a dolt and a lousy Actor to boot.

i can't find this fig in stores to get, him along with the tuskan mom are no where to be found. i'm mad.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

Re: Is the Captain Typho figure getting enough credit?

Originally posted by Caesar
    Wow, this one is now my second favorite Saga figure, right behind Dex. It just keeps growing on me! I know some people find him bland or boring, but I really love this figure.
    I wouldn't mind a holster for that pistol, but it's not too critical to me in this case.
    This is a really cool topic Ceasar because I feel the same way. I have to admit that I haven't bought him yet, but that's only because I don't have the money yet. I wanted all the Jedi first.

But I've been so close to getting him everytime I see him because he really looks great!

One thing about the holster though; I was wondering why they didn't add one also, but then look at the picture on the front of the card. He doesn't seem to have a holster. His blaster clips on the front of his belt like a lightsaber. And they DID put a small hole on his belt and a peg on the gun so that you can do this! That ALMOST made me buy the figure when I saw it.

I think I'm gonna wait until I see what he actually does in the movie. I just can't bring myself to buy it until I see if he does anything important or just sits there and only speaks 3 lines...
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

While right now I only have this figure on the card, I really like it, even better than the Naboo Security Guard figure. I'm guessing he doesn't have a holster but just carries the gun around attached to his belt like depicted in the picture insert, took me awhile to realize the gun with the peg and his belt with the hole. His blast effect is a let-down though, while it is a cool green, it's longer than his blaster.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: Re: Is the Captain Typho figure getting enough credit?

Originally posted by pthfnder89
    One thing about the holster though; I was wondering why they didn't add one also, but then look at the picture on the front of the card. He doesn't seem to have a holster. His blaster clips on the front of his belt like a lightsaber. And they DID put a small hole on his belt and a peg on the gun so that you can do this! That ALMOST made me buy the figure when I saw it.
    Thank you for that post, I never even looked at the pic - just went right in the trash! And now that I look at the fig again, the peghole is there and the blaster fits!

Guess that answers the question for me personally, as I have not been giving it enough credit.

Yea, Typho deserves credit. I mean, without him there's be no Padme, without Padme, no Luke and Leia....I mean...what's with "The Man" slapping Typho down anyway? I agree, great figure!

It's a great figure, but to re-enact some of his better scenes, we don't have much yet, and we probably won't for some time.

He's waiting in his bubble for Padme Pilot. Wretched wait until the fall.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    It's a great figure, but to re-enact some of his better scenes, we don't have much yet, and we probably won't for some time.

He's waiting in his bubble for Padme Pilot. Wretched wait until the
    fall.
    Yeah that's my problem too. He doesn't do anything in the trailers (well, except get blown up) so I don't know what to do with him until the movie starts.

I'll definitely pick him up to go with my Padme Pilot though.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I agree with you too Caesar and made the same observations when I got mine. He's probably one of my favorites just because he's, in my opinion, so .... standard. (I think that's the right word) I've read the novel and he seems like a WAY better character than ol Pankakes.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.