And you thought "Yippie!" was bad...

Well, I picked up the Art of Attack of the Clones last night, and couldn't resist peeking at the script. I thought I'd look at the Coruscant (or Corusant, as it's spelled in the script) speeder chase. During the chase, Anakin jokes to Obi-Wan that chasing after the assassin droid was "wacky" and that he took so long because he wanted to pick a speeder that was a really "gonzo" color. Wacky???? Gonzo???!?! After reading that I looked through the rest of the script, and there is some really awful dialogue. I guess Jonathan Hales isn't the saviour we've been led to beleive. I think I might take earplugs to the theater.
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."

I think that whoever wrote the book must have gotten an early draft of the script, as the novelization by RA Salvatore doesnt have any of the that "wacky" language, & it was quite a "gonzo" read!!!

So hopefully this is truly how it will be on the big screen.....

I believe the "gonzo" line was replaced, so you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Then again a lot of it is in the delivery. If it doesn't sound forced then a lot of times that sort of thing winds up sounding totally different on screen than on the page.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Yeah but Hayden's delivery isn't any better than young Jake Loyd's was unfortunately. Youth and inexperience make for a very bad reading of a script. Even worse when you get middle aged men trying to write dialogue for kids. It ends up filled with 'cute' references from the writers youth and words that were hip fourty years ago get written into the script instead of words that are more general and don't really tie into any youth culture we know of. Hopefully they fed the script to a real editor who tweaked the dialogue and cut out the offensive poopy words.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Haven't we been making fun of "wacky" and "Gonzo" for awhile now? Way back when they first appeared in the SW Insider #58 thread...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Maybe they should bring in James Earl Jones again to voice-over! Novel idea!
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((IIIIIIIOIIIII

Tom Coglin does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
    But he asks the impossible. I need more Monkey-Chow.
    - Caesar

I still hate the way Chewie gives the Tarzan cry in ROJ
    " You ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light? I ask all my prey, I just like the sound of it"

" See you around kid "

Originally posted by dirtybones
    I still hate the way Chewie gives the Tarzan cry in ROJ
    I thought it was funny. What I liked about the humour attempts in OT is that they aren't thrown and forced in like the humour in Episode 1. As for the Chewie Tarzan cry - sure it technically doesn't belong in the SW universe, but it gives a little personality to Chewie.

"Wacky" is fine, "gonzo" is okay. Either way those two words won't affect my opinion of the movie.

Think about it, Anakin is a very sheltered kid on Coruscant, able to see the non-Jedi teens around him; but not able to socialize with them. Kids who don't usually cuss, when they try to, it always ends up sounding forced and out of context. So I will take Anakin's use of these two words in that sense. He is an "uncool" kid trying to sound cool by using the local slang whenever he can.

I agree --- the Tarzan yell was just lame. And frankly wasn't nearly even half as powerful or cool as Carol Burnet's.