Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question System requirements for upcoming Jedi Knight 2?

I'm considering getting a new computer and I was wondering what elements I'd need for a PC to play the upcoming Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. I'm not very knowledgable about the technical elements of video cards and stuff, but I'll try to keep up.

Thanks for any help.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The minimum requirements should be around, 550mhz pentium compatable, 128mb ram, 16mb video card, and alot of disk space. Keep in mind, it probably wont run very well on a system lke that. You'll want to at least upgrade the video card to a 32mb,"Geforce 2 perhaps?" to get it to run relatively smooth.

the master jedi
    I'd better start counting my pennies for a new computer.

You're not the only one.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

the master jedi
    I'm probably going to need a miracle to save up that much money before the game comes out.

Interesting, thanks for the info Rhett. I'm having a hard time deciding on a video card, I want 64 vid ram, but I don't want to spend too much. Any ideas?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Those are some lofty goals for my PC. But it's worth a try.

Well, you could get a Voodoo5 64mb card but the problem is that they don't support that card anymore. But it is probably the cheapest 64mb card out right now.

If I was buying one and really wanted a 64mb card but was keeping price in mind I would go for a Nvidia geforce2 64mb. You can get one on ebay for a pretty good price. I'd stay away from any Ati products. They may be dying soon.

If price is not a factor go ahead and get a Nvidia Geforce 3 64mb card or wait a few months for the 128mb card.

Just go to htp://www.pricewatch.com and check out computer component prices. You don't have to buy a new computer. Most of you can upgrade your old PC to 1 GHz P4 for a couple hundred bucks, and memory is cheaper than dirt right now (seriously, go down to Lowes and buy a few hundred Megabytes, err... pounds of dirt).

Current prices:
    P4 1.3 GHz MB+CPU = $239
    512 MB PC133 SIMM = $27
    GForce 2 64MB = $48
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

since this game just came out, i thought i'd bump this thread to the top.