Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Arrow

cough, gnt, cough cough, post padder, cough
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    That's basically what I was saying in my last post.

Question

How ´bout a Longest post contest? Just ask any Star Trek vs. Star Wars question, and JediTricks wins just like that.
    "Marge! Is there another Man in the house!? A [COLOR=darkblue]Radioactive[/COLOR] Man!?"

What's all this talk about a longest post? Why back in my day we had to hand write posts. We didn't have any fancy shmancy typewriters or this new fangled e-mail forum quirky dirky. SO we grabbed a pencil and paper and began doing our "Three R's" Readin' 'ritin' 'n' 'rithmatic. So I'd come home on a Sunday night and ma would have a fire goin' in the fireplace and we'd all sit around and discuss things like why it takes you longer to walk somewhere than it takes to walk back except when you come out of the mall and you see your car and think "good god. i parked all the way the hell out there?" and then you have to trudge all the way back to your car and then fumble in your pockets for the keys and put the stroller in the trunk, but only if you have a child. if you dont have a child then you can just skip the stroller bit and get in the car and turn the ignition and drive home, but be sure to obey all traffic laws and stop at all the stop signs and for petes sake dont rubberneck at any accidents because I think we all know how that can be annoying when you are trying to get home and theres an accident and the guy in front of you is driving along at like 5 miles an hour and your honking your horn and calling him names but hes not paying any attention because the EMT guy is pulling a decapitated body out of a range rover and theres a cel phone in his dead hand and you think "AHA" he wasnt paying attention and then you fianlly make it home but your late for STar Trek, but luckliy you are taping it and can go back and watch the first ten minutes later anyway and then you wonder why Star Trek isn't as cool as Star Wars because Kirk and them guys never had lightsabers because Gene Roddenberry wouldn't think of anything creative and flashy like swords made out of lasers so he just stuck to what he knew best and that was "Wagon train to the stars" but after awhile you get tired ond change the channel since you missed the beginning and are going to have to watch it all over anyway because of that damn rubbernecker on the way home from the mall, so you flip over and watch a little Seinfeld but its a rerun and theres nothing good on television so you turn on your computer and go to SIRStevesGuide to Star Wars and there is this insanely long post by that guy who killed that guys father in that one movie with Kevin Spacey and you were all like man that sucked. I didn't see that one coming. How could the nice old armer from Babe shoot kevin like that...hey! Wasn't he in Star Trek? I bet its over! so you head back over just in time to see the cliche ending and now you dont feel like watching it anyway because you are just going to buy the whole season on DVD when it comes out next year anyway, so you decide to make a sandwich and head into the kitchen and open the fridge and theres some ham and turkey but you are all out of mayonaisse and you curse yourself for not picking some up at the grocery store the last time you were there so you decide to go to bed...

(to be continued...)

...and then you get up and the morning and youre late for school so you have to decide whether you want to go to school or stay at home and play Nintendo 64 and sit around in your underwear all day which is pretty comfortable and if you live by yourself you can walk around nude and let me tell you THATS liberating. You should try it sometime doing Tae-Bo in your birthday suit and letting your goodies flop around or just get out of the shower and let yourself air dry because it feels so good but I digress. What were we talking about oh yeah, the award for longest single post. I think I have a ways to go before I reach that distinction but its a astrong point to say what you have to say in one post rather than posting a bunch one one post sentences and boosting up your post count. that in my opinion is immature , but on the other hand who is going to take the time to sit and read a really long post like this one? Maybe if you were sitting in the bathroom and were really incontinent or whatever and it was a magazine, then you might read it it wouldnt bother you too much, but since this is e-mail you'd have to take the time to invest in one of those nifty little laptop computers and thats expensive and since its expensive youd be a little leary of taking it into the bathroom where it could get ruined by the dampness, not that I'm implying that your bathroom is by any means damp, i was just trying to illustrate a point on the difficulties of uhh....something... hmmph. I forgot what I was talking about, but thats okay because all I'm really doing is typing banal, turgid, inconsequential babbling about nothing significant about anything at all and I doubt by this point anybody is reading this so i can call you guys names like dillbottom and fuddy duddy and bum for brains and you wouldnt know it because you quit looking at this as a legitimate thought and more as just a collection of randomly strung together letters and words and sentences that really dont mean anything but are still quite long as a single post...

(to be continued...)
    Last edited by Rollo Tomassi; 10-05-2001 at 02:56 PM.

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

Mandalorian Candidat you should see your local doctor about all that coughing
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by GNT

Mandalorian Candidat you should see your local doctor about all that coughing
    Isn't it the doctor that usually makes you do all the coughing?

"OK sir, this may be a little cold."

"Please just try to relax, and turn your head."
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Exclamation "Stairway to SirSteve's"

but since this is e-mail you'd have to take the time to invest in one of those nifty little laptop computers and thats expensive and since its expensive youd be a little leary of taking it into the bathroom where it could get ruined by the dampness, not that I'm implying that your bathroom is by any means damp, i was just trying to illustrate a point on the difficulties of uhh....something... hmmph. I forgot what I was talking about, but thats okay because all I'm really doing is typing banal, turgid, inconsequential babbling about nothing significant about anything at all and I doubt by this point anybody is reading this so i can call you guys names like dillbottom and fuddy duddy and bum for brains and you wouldnt know it because you quit looking at this as a legitimate thought and more as just a collection of randomly strung together letters and words and sentences that really dont mean anything but are still quite long as a single post...
    Rollo, Rollo, Rollo. We read. Don't you know that people remember only the LAST things they read? Shoulda put these "unforgivable insults" near the beginning!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Drat....and I'm over the "24 hour edit rule", too....oh well, I'm off to pad posts in the cards sectio....D'OH!!

("Say something to throw them off" )
    "Well, I'm not going to stalk Lenny and Carl. D'oh!"

Imagine this in the Classic Trilogy:
    Sandtrooper: "How long have you had these droids?"
    Luke: ("Say something to throw them off" ) "Just a day or two. D'oh!"

Tarkin: "I grow tired of asking so this will be the last time; where is the Rebel base?"
    Leia: ("Say something to throw him off" ) "Yavin IV. D'oh!"

Lando: "Care to join me for some refreshments?"
    Han: "Sure, as long as there aren't any Imperials! Ha ha!"
    Lando: ("Say something to throw them off" ) "Yeah, there won't be Sith Lords or bounty hunters where I'm taking you. D'oh!"

Luke: "Tell them that if they don't free us, you'll become angry and use your magic."
    C3PO: "Okay. ("Say something to throw them off" ) Ee tok ma bok la chalookta ma booska reslum. (translation: "He told me to tell you I'll use the magic I don't have to scare you all into freeing us. D'oh!" ).
    "That's what Sheev said."

Originally posted by JediTricks
    This thread is going to get someone into trouble when they spam the board just to "win". But what'll be funny is when they're banned for doing this and all their posts get deleted.
    Bah, posts deleted? Like THAT will ever happen . . .