Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

A Better One

Why did 12 inch Luke come with the BLUE saber and the 12 inch Ben come with the YELLOW one ????

I'll ask Sansweet, but he usually says, "I alread asked the Kenner guys that already and no one knows."
    For my Star Wars TV List go here
    Viddy Well my Malcolm McDowell/Clockwork Orange Tribute site

Re: A Better One

Originally posted by Thrawn
    Why did 12 inch Luke come with the BLUE saber and the 12 inch Ben come with the YELLOW one ????

I'll ask Sansweet, but he usually says, "I alread asked the Kenner guys that already and no one knows."
    Have you ever noticed how the photo on the SW carded Ben and the box photo for the 12" Ben both had yellow lightsabers? I wonder why that is, and if Lucasfilm made such a fuss about Snaggletooth, why would they let such blatant errors as Ben and Luke's lightsaber colors slip through the cracks?

Yes I did

I have carded Ben 12 back and ROTJ - wasn't until ROTJ when they changed the pic that they got the blue saber right AND since Ben was never pictured with a yellow saber then it must be doctored. This pic was out there from 78-83 - 5 years...
    For my Star Wars TV List go here
    Viddy Well my Malcolm McDowell/Clockwork Orange Tribute site

Well its back now with the EP2 AOTC Anakin figure, so it has returned and how horrible it really is!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Question

Originally posted by GNT
    Well its back now with the EP2 AOTC Anakin figure, so it has returned and how horrible it really is!
    It? What is "it?" The yellow saber? The POTF line? Hmm. Uncertainty is so, uh, I don't know...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

The telescoping lightsaber Most horrible thing I've seen in ages
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Yes, it is pretty bad!

However, I think the Power F/X figs were worse than this. And I still think the new Anakin (AOTC) will have a telescoping saber as well as a LIGHT-UP feature.

SAD, I never liked the light-up feature, and if anyone has the Power F/X garbage then you know that it really dosen't work that well.

What WAS Hasbro thinking with that line?
    May the force be with you.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    SAD, I never liked the light-up feature, and if anyone has the Power F/X garbage then you know that it really dosen't work that well.
    It works well when you dont have the lights on and your in a pitch dark room
    GNT
    ''

This makes me a total retro geek, but the telescoping light saber on Anakin was the ONLY thing that I like about the first wave of photos. I think it's a fun gimmick, and we all know that they'll be dozens on Anakin sculpts so, I think it's awesome that they are doing one of these at last.

Kids WILL dig this, I think. I loved it back in the day, and it adds a lot of play value to the toys. The way the saber comes to life is a neat things for the tots to recreate.