Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Backgrounds rarity

Exactly how 'rare' are background figs.
    Do you think they are worth keeping carded .
    I like opening my figs but if these are fairly rare id consider getting ones to open.
    suggestions?

well, after going to 4 different stores the bg figures were available at about a 20:1 (20 with to 1 w/out)

i personally am hunting for all 16 with em (missing only 2 now )

So, the ones without backgrounds are rarer?
    And by that much?

I think the only really hard one to find is Dexter with insert with the word "pipe" uncovered

I only saw 1 of these out of about 16-20 Dexter's
    Boba Fett is a wimp.......Bossk is the Lizard King!!!!

My local K-Mart has all the background figs (1-17 )except the battle droid. Why is this one so hard to find?
    Casual George

odd, mine has tons of bg bdroids....

It appears though that the bg figs arent all that scarce

I think it has to do with region. I mean depending on where you live one may be harder to find that others. I have them all, but found them all at different stores and in different areas. All in all it seems that the last 4 are the hardest to find, with Dexter being the hardest. Still, value right now is even money. 8 months from now may be a different story. Think about how much a Weequay with the FF is worth compared to the GC one. There is a $350 difference there. I doubt any of these will ever get up that high, just because of the shear quantities. Still, in the long run they may be the premier figures in the collection.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Dextyer is plentiful out here, no bg one though.

Yoda/dooku/lumin/tuan are totally gone from NJ. Got em all the first day, after that , nothing around.

I dont think these will ever break the 20-30$ barrier, just wondering it they would be worth keeping as is and getting replacements

I have yet to find a Dexter with background. He is the last one i need.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."