Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wal-Mart and Count Dooku

Hi, guys. I'm new to this forum stuff, but it fields great to be amongst other Star Wars collectors let me tell you. Now I know everybody has been unsuccesful in getting that elusive Dooku, and yesterday I found out why. I went to my local Wal-Mart to see if they had restocked any of the pegs. I belive it was like 8AM or whatever and to my surprise, they were!! Needless to say I, I asked both of the guys--they were around 24 or 25--if they had seen the old dude in black. Well, both of them said that they hadn't. To make a long story short, I asked if I could go through the boxes that were already open and they got extremely defensive. I managed to peak into one of the boxes that were already open and there were at least 5 0r 6 dookus in there. I told the guys that this was the figure I was looking for and that I would like to purchase one. Both of them gave me a stare that would burn through lead. Anyway, I had to get a manager before they would eventually let me have one. Is this happening everywhere?!! It's no wonder collectors like me never find all the figures! We have to fight both Wal mart employees and other collectors just to get the hard-find-figures. Geez!

Yeah, a lot of employees will do that unfortunately. But there are also lots of very helpful employees too so it evens out sometimes.

BTW, welcome to the boards Darth_Growl ! It's a great place to talk, and I hope you enjoy yourself!
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Well, thanks! Yea, I thought these two guys were going to take my head off when I saw that they had five or six Dookus hidden in of the empty boxes. At least now I finally got one. I bet you anything it's the wal mart and tru employees that are flooding ebay with all these dookus. blah!!

I suggest that you report those two to the store manager or district manager. As a customer you have a right to purchase everything and anything. Those two were preventing you from buying what you wanted. This is not acceptable. You actually caught them doing it, wich is good for your case. Some WM and other stores have strick policies about employees buying these sorts of thigns. So, perhaps you can get those two yahoos fired or worse....froze in carbonit.

Good luck and welcome!
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Like icatch said, that kind of behavior is not acceptable, I dont know how Walmart works but I worked for 2 years at TRU and one of the first things they specifically tell you is that you cannot restrict merchandise from any customer for personal purchases, especially during work hours, in other words if you are during your shift you cannot, buy, hide or hold up any type of merchandise, especially if a customer is asking for it. If I were you Id seek action towards those 2 hosers so they learn a thing or 2 about customer courtesy and store policies.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Hrrmm...I never thought about doing that. I guess I was just so happy to finally get a Dooku that I completely ignored the fact that these guys were preventing me from purchasing count dooku. You know, and The Force was telling me that these two were ebay scalpers. The Force is strong with me I think. hehe

I would have bought all of them just so they couldn't have them, and then laughed at the 2 losers.

hey,

That would of made me sick if that happened to me! Employees holding back merchandise thats pretty lame. I hope they get fired for that. I smell scalpers

I would be on the phone to that store and speak with a manager ASAP. They may not only be doing that with the SW figures but other toys that people want. There is a poster on these boards that works at a Wal-Mart that was bragging BEFORE the 23rd that he had all the figures set aside for him in the backroom. I really wish you would get fired for your actions. You know who you are...........
    Anakin: "Where are you going Master?"
    Obi-Wan: "To get a drink!! A Molson XXX!!"

I know who you are talking about, and the only thing I have to say about that is that as long as he just set aside figures for his personal collection and not for scalping or re-selling them, I see no problem with that.

One example is when I worked for TRU during the 2000 holiday season, I know for a fact that if I had not consulted with a manager about setting aside a Commtech R2D2 and a Commtech Stormtrooper I wouldve never gotten the chance to buy them at retail, what I did was inform him, then he personally took those 2 figures out of the case for me and placed them on the back, so I could buy them after my shift ended. It may sound unfair but Im glad I did it cause that night when I got out from work and the whole 2 cases of those figures were placed on the pegs they were all ravaged by 2 guys in less than 10 minutes. So in my opinion I see it as employee benefits, which are ok as long as they are not abused and you only buy 1 of each for personal collection not personal gain.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.