Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Long Light Saber Luke !! ??

OOPS!! this was supposed to go into the "how much have you paid?" Thread... sorry

The most I have paid for a figure is $24.00 for Dagobah Luke with the longer light saber.

I guess I thought he would be more manly with a longer saber.... ?

Anyway... it's not really a $24.00 figure. But it was around the Episode I hype... when everyone acted like there was only 5 of each figure made.

(Mod Note - That's OK, I merged it into the thread it was supposed to go to. -JT)
    Last edited by xboywonder; 09-10-2001 at 12:25 PM.
    Collecting Star Wars figures ain't like dustin' crops boy !!

Mandalorian Candidat his probably talking about "Vintage" Yakface
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thats alot of Money to spend! I have never seen a long lightsaber Dagobah Luke Sit might be worth the price?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs down

$120.00 for the Taun Taun w/Han Solo and $70.00 for The Eopie with Qui Gonn.
    As always...........L

LongSaber !!

Come to think of it... it's the only long saber Dagobah Luke I have seen as well... That makes me feel alittle better. Thanks!!
    Collecting Star Wars figures ain't like dustin' crops boy !!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    $400 on Midnight madness....
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

When this all started up again, I mistakenly paid attention to the doomsayers and believed that I would never find a C-3PO at retail. I paid a comic book shop guy $20 for him (shop just so happens to be next to a Toys R Us, Woodley and Sherman Way for those of you in the Valley). That's the most I've been scalped anyway.

My most expensive item is the $800 I paid for the Deluxe Darth Vader mask.

Probably about a third of the figures I own (of the new ones) I paid more than retail price for, but not usually more than a buck or two to online outfits...never an ebay scalper. Thankfully, most of my ships and playsets were all bought at retail prices.

My vintage stuff is mostly original, but I bought a Death Star Gunner loose (and so are his joints!) for $70 bucks.

I was thinking about getting one of those Deluxe Vader Masks, stillakid. Would you say it's worth $800 (even though I've yet to see one for less than $1500)?

I was given a generous discount from a friend, indeed.

Is it worth the price? A hearty, yes. It truly is amazing. Completely authentic looking. The drag is that I'm only 5'11" and it was cast for someone who is considerably larger than I am. It would top a great costume if I was big enough to pull it off.

Aside from that, the pins that stick out of the front of the mask were cast into this one. The original has glued on thingies. I've also added a bit of vinyl "grid" behind the existing mouthpieces to better obscure the inside as light is introduced through the back end.

Some day in the future, I hope to modify it by adding the rear neck piece, plus somehow enhancing the "hidden" top area with reveal mask type do-dads. The inside would be cool to enhance also. I've taken several pictures of the original reveal mask at the traveling exhibit to help in the future effort. In order to see inside, I had to gingerly stick my digital camera between the wall and the display to snap a picture. It's pretty ugly in there actually.

A few years ago, I happened upon a Star Wars toy show/sale thing in Pasadena and saw this guy with a replica reveal mask. Of course, it turns out that it was Steve Sansweet but I didn't know it at the time. I'd LOVE to get ahold of my own. Probably not going to happen, so I'll have to modify my own mask one day.