Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Whats The Most $$$ You've Spent???

I'm sure many people on this message board have spent alot of $$$ to get a certain figure that you couldn't get from a shop or other place.

Whats the most money you have spent on a single figure to obtain it and which figure???

Thoughts?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I paid $20 for Admiral Motti . . . wish I hadn't !

top dollar

The three most expensive pieces in my collection by category are:

Ship- Collector Fleet Super Star Destroyer $80 (but it was Birthday Money I pretended not to have)

Figure- Long Saber Dagobah Luke- $25 (one of the first I ever bought when I didn't realize there were other resources besides TRU and Comic Book Shops)

Playset- Micro Collection Death Star World (the 1983 one) "about $100", and worth every penny I might add- this toy rocks!!!!

Thumbs up

For a POTJ figure, no more than 12.00 As for the others, i will have to think about it.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I thought about it. I spent 150.00 on my carded Yakface years ago.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I ended up shelling out 60 dollars for the new Ywing. I was on ebay looking for one and I had found one for 30. Being my ignorant self, I didnt read the additional info and went ahead and bought it now. Well that was cool untill I found out I had to shell out another 30 for the shipping and handling. Because it was coming from Taiwan! Learn a lesson folks, read the S&H costs!!!

Also I spent $30 on Ree Yees
    And if one of my friends happen to buy a figure or vehicle I havent found yet...I give them a little extra for the effort and consideration. I am just nice that way
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

Post Behold the power of lists!

Is this just POTJ stuff? Figure: Sandtrooper ($7.99), Item: B-Wing ($39.99).

Vintage Figure: Han in Carbonite ($95), Item: Y-Wing ($20).
    POTF2 Figure: Buff Lando (this hurts, $35), Item: AT-AT ($79.99).
    SOTE Figure: Dash Rendar ($5.99), Item: Outrider ($19.99).
    E1 Figure: Sidious Holo ($10), Item: Queen's ship ($29).

El fin.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I think the most I've ever spent on a single item was the 12" Biker Scout with Speeder Bike, which set me back $125.

I didn't even spend that much on my vintage A-Wing and AT-AT!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

$45 for the R2-D2 with holo Leia. But as I look back on it...it was a good buy. Sorta.

Then I won an Eopie off SleezeBay for $75

Yeah...I know...but I couldn't help myself
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Thumbs up Well$$

I spent $17 for holo sidious and admiral motti. I also got the queen's starship for christmas for 90. And of course the AT-AT for 70-80.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower