Need opinions on Imperial Shuttle and Y-Wing vs. Tie

I have a chance to pick up both these sets this weekend and I just wanted to know if these are 2 good sets or if they aren't quite up to standard before I fork over the money for them. I see there's a lot of reviews here on the board but I didn't see one for these 2 items. If anyone has these and can just give me their opinions I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I enjoy both those sets a lot, but all 3 vehicles between them need a little work to really shine. I definitely liked building the Y vs TIE set because they are a complete battle in a box. The Shuttle could be a few studs longer and the cockpit could be better, but it's a good companion piece to your LEGO SW fleet.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The shuttle is quite fun if you like to simulate crashes with your LEGOs while playing with them. Don't have the Tie & Y-wing set though.

I think the only thing I was really dissapointed about with the shuttle was the price and the pilot's smily face head and his sea captain hat. The price should be at $25-30, there are other $35 sets that have more to them, and more specialty pieces.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Thanks for the replies. I picked them both up, the Shuttle was better than I thought it would be and it seems realy sturdy. My favorite piece by far in my lego collection is Darth Vader's Tie Fighter...the colors, the cockpit, the wings....it's all really, really well done.

I don't know about the Y-Wing yet, seeing as how it was one whole plastic bag of pieces short.....grrr..

Leenovak, in the old days, sets had just the one bag no matter the size (except for technic, which used to have those awesome trays in the larger sets). "You young whipper-snappers have it too easy these days!"

Basker, for slightly-overprised sets like the Shuttle or Watto's Junk, Kmart sales are the best route.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have both, but have yet to open the shuttle. The Y-Wing is a nice ship as well as DV's TIE, but I like the Y-Wing a lot better. It's sleeker and the pilot fits in it better. I have a hard time getting DV to stay "plugged in" to his seat with that cape of his. It's a really good set.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas