Exclamation Sweden’s review of 7133 Bounty Hunter Pursuit!

All I can say is: “Now we’re starting to get somewhere with the LEGO Star Wars line.”

The box:

This is one of those awful thick cardboard cornflakes box issues that LEGO has started to use for their midsized sets instead of the seal box issues with a inner tray that they used some years ago and to be honest with you guys I don’t really like these ones as much as the old. There’s no additional markings on the box front of being a building toy that contains small parts and piece count isn’t mentioned either unlike the boxes that are being released in the US of A and it comes with a plain Star Wars logo as with all later LEGO releases.

The instruction booklet:

Is in full color and 52 pages long and takes you through building first Anakin Skywalker’s speeder on pages 2 to 19 and second Zam Wesell’s vessel on pages 20 to 47 but there’s no instruction included for the alternative model that’s shown off on the back of the box.

Included in the box was also one Episode II flyer.

Parts and construction:

What’s new here is that the parts for Anakin’s speeder is in a separate bag (1) and Zam Wesell’s vessel is in another (2) and I’ve seen a debate about this over at that other website where some dude complained about this but I don’t mind it at all as it’s just as fun to build.

The set itself:

As far as I can see compared to the few pictures I’ve seen of these vessels LEGO has done a pretty awesome job designing Anakin’s speeder and Zam Wesell’s vessel and I kind of like the designs created for the movie and their counterparts made out of these famous bricks.

The only real low down with this set is Zam Wesell’s vessel as the break away wings or mandibles are a tiny bit too loose but I’ll live with that but the totally loose canopy was way much worse to live with and I cannot understand how LEGO over looked the fact of this.

However, I found a way to solve this so go here for instructions:

http://pub103.ezboard.com/fthefbtbco...cID=1589.topic

Or go here as well:

http://news.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=13013

All in all I really like this set a whole lot as the vehicles doesn’t seem to be juniorized as way to many of the sets in the LEGO Star Wars line has been so far and I really like the new colors and parts provided in the set and it seems that LEGO has taken a step in the right direction.

I’ll give this set a total amount of four out of five lightsaber’s for being a near perfect set.

Price in Swedish Crooner: 369.00 SEK or $35.82.

Kindest regards,

Lars Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

By the way... This was the second set I got a torn instruction booklet in.
    R.J. (John Carpenter's The Thing) MacReady: Crazy Swedes...

I think Lego didn't overlook the canopy problem, they're using a piece that's actually inverted and not meant to be used this way in other LEGO sets, but here it's done on purpose supposedly 'cause it comes open in the movie. With the mandibles in place, the canopy stays closed ok, but it's still annoying. I can't say I love either fix I saw there, but it's not killing me. The only complaints I have about this set are that the rear sections are too high and the mandibles are too wide.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.