Unhappy Anyone Read the Chewbacca Comics?

I did. I don't really like Chewbacca that well, not that I dislike him, but he's not my favorite. But, when I read this, I almost got a tear in my eye. The way Han wished he had said he loved him. Sniff sniff.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

You talkin' 'bout the Dark Horse ones?

I bought the all in one book of the series. I tend to wait for the book rather than get the comics which always get dog eared pages and lost etc.

I didn't much like the artwork. Especially that really scratchy looking stuff in the tale of how Chewie beat the albino Wookiee. I thought the whole thing was a little over sentimentalised and didn't really give any insights into Chewies mind or character. It only served as a sanitised remembrance from the point of view of the people who knew him. Or didn't as in Leia's case.

I hate the fact that the horrid wookiee family from the holiday special have been absorbed into star wars mythos. They were a bad idea back then and a worse one now. Every time I think of Lumpy's fat face I want to get violent and rip the hairy muthaf****** to shreds.

Other than that the artwork in the series was fine and the storytelling fairly competent. Like the Trandoshan arm ripped out of socket section best....!

true

I didn't like some of the scratchy art either, that's why I like Dark Horse. Most of their art ISNT scratchy.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau

Oh yeah, I agree that most of it isn't scratchy. But just now and then you get some horrible hard to focus on cat scrawled artwork with tiny print or print in a font you have to be drunk to read.

Mostly I like the art. Mostly I like the stories although I still don't really buy into the EU. I never take the plots as 'real' star wars. Apart from the fact that a background alien might get a name which is useful if they make a figure of it. Makes a uniform way to discuss the figure without referring to it as 'that alien with the big blue head' or whatever.

I'm trying to find Star wars tales #1,2 and 5. Then I'm complete It's a cracking series of comics. Back in '84 or 5 they ran a strip comic of star wars in one of the UK newspaper giveaway magazines. I remember looking forward to every sunday so I could read the next part. That was a real comic serialisation. It was how I first learned about the Mon Calamari homeworld and their background etc. Although it's probably not regarded as a proper version of a star wars tale now.

One of these days I'll write my own stories and get someone to illustrate them. Put them on my website or somethin'

Well - maybe....

I have similar plans. Ever since Lucasfilm said anyone can write Star Wars stories as long as you don't try to profit from them, I've been tossing around an idea of a Sunday Newspaper Strip format internet comic. I just have to tighten up the storyline and add a few more characters (and buy a new scanner), and I'll be all set.

Maybe soon....
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Exclamation exactly

I don't buy into them either. Like I always say, if it doesn't come from George, it ain't true. My friend thinks he's an expert at all of Star Wars, but I tell him, it is all fantasy. He still isn't convinced that the Boba Fett past in Ep. II is real. He is still stuck on all the EU tales of Boba Fett.
    ~ Jacques Cousteau

I would but he died and ruined my life forever!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Question unless......

Unless he really didnt die! Maybe he.........he.....oh never mind......he died............WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!
    ~ Jacques Cousteau

Arrow

I think the "scratchy" artwork is due to Dark Empire. It was so successful, and the first SW comic in the "new era" of SW comics, so others figured they'd use Cam Kennedy's style.

Any time we can see/hear what Wookies think is cool!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega