Amanaman and the Bespin Guard

How rare are these 2 guys? I thought I read that a lot of people were upset over the limited availability of these 2. I just stopped by Target and got a Guard for $1.54 and Amanaman for $3.50. Did I get a good deal? I basically took 2 years off from collecting after Episode I which is why I'm a little out of the loop now. Thanks!

The Bespin Guard is pegwarming everywhere, but it's a nice figure when you can find it clearanced. I wish they had done a head variation, because the other POTJ guard (with the Carbonite Chamber) was pretty bad.

Amanaman, as well as Leia, were seen mostly at TRU and Target, the latter charging $16. But they're really not hard to find, even after the price started to drop.

They're pretty much everywhere, so they're worth what you paid.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

There's lots of Bespin Guards at my Wal-Mart, though no Amanamans anywhere.

The only Deluxe fig that I've ever seen is Leia and only one of those.

Deluxe Leia, Amanaman, Luke, and Maul are all $6.99 at KB. I've seen them in enough numbers that you should be able to find 'em within 2 visits.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm still looking for 3 of those clearanced Bespin Guards. The Targets I've checked around the Orlando area have been bare. If anyone can help a fellow collector out, please LMK! Thanks!
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
    I'm still looking for 3 of those clearanced Bespin Guards. The Targets I've checked around the Orlando area have been bare. If anyone can help a fellow collector out, please LMK! Thanks!
    Try snooping around under the shelves or in the women's lingerie section. People always hide stuff at Target when they go on clearance, waiting until the price goes even lower. Who knows? Maybe you'll find one in some granny panties. They're even big enough to hide a clearanced B-wing in.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

How cool is this! I didn't notice this until I posted in this thread and looked at my Target-clearanced BSG, but it has a holster! I guess you can stash either his pistol or stick in it. My esteem of this figure just went up a couple notches.
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 05-06-2002 at 10:11 AM.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    How cool is this! I didn't notice this until I posted in this thread and looked at my Target-clearanced BSG, but it has a holster! I guess you can stash either his pistol or stick in it. My esteem of this figure just went up a couple notches.
    Even better, with his blaster pistol in the holster, there is a hole on the front of the holster where the baton can plug into and on his back there is a hole on his belt that the binders can plug into. Nice job on the figure Hasbro, but they should still do the black one like they did in the vintage line.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 05-06-2002 at 10:11 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yes, you got a good deal. I bought mine at that price too. Also Slave Leia with cannon.

In Valencia CA they have a ton of Aman ,but no guard. There's also a ton of the fx-7 wave. There must be about 30 cases on the pegs. It ****ed me off because they were so hard to find and now their warming the pegs.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)