Question Rubies Lightsabers

I just ordered two Rubies Light Up Qui Gon Jinn Lightsabers through an online store. They arrived today, and one is completely different from the other. One saber is very detailed and looks a lot like Qui Gon's saber from Ep1. The other one looks a bit bulky and is definately a different mold, although it is still Qui Gon's saber. The more detailed version has multiple languages on the card back and the less detailed version has just english and what looks like french on the card back. Can anyone shed some light on this? Also, were there two different versions of the Rubies Obi Wan saber?

The Rubies lightsabers are cheap pieces of crap that should never had been made. They fall appart VERY easily and can't begin to stand against the Hasbro sabers.

Rubies, if you are reading this. Your lightsabers SUCK!!!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

There were indeed 2 different versions of the Obi-Wan saber as well. Here's the differences between the ones made for the US markets and the ones made for foreign markets:

- US ones are fatter, have slightly longer blades which fully retract but don't stay in place (this is the biggest issue between the 2 versions of each), less detail, and screws holding the battery compartments closed (this is a US safety regulation where toys with batteries must have screws keeping the batteries out of the hands of kids).

- The foreign ones are slimmer (accurate to scale), have slightly smaller blades, locking collars" (you twist the top of the saber and two arms holding the blade in place rotate out of the way, this is the biggest difference between the 2 versions of each saber), no battery hatch screws, and shinier paints.

The foreign market ones are more popular, though both are too flimsy for saber-play. These were rare but made available at certain US retailers like Spencers Gifts and Disneyland - but are not retailer-popular because they can't be treated as "toys" due to that battery hatch issue.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Snapping battery hatches are much better even if they can come off during play, it's annoying to have to find the right screwdriver that will fit those tiny screws that are usually used.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

4 year olds choking on a AAA battery is not so much fun though, and there are a lot of other dangerous batteries (button cells) and dangerous uses for them (breaking them apart).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

THose sabers are COOL! The locking ones are the only realistic lightsabers you can buy! If you want ones to fight with buy the electric Hasbro. If you want ones that look real and can hang on your belt get the Rubies sabers!!
    YODA: "The FORCE is strong with you Master Windex.
    "Windows so clean, never have I seen!"
    Remember Herbie the Love Bug? Visit him online at www.HERBIEMANIA.com

Talking

Right on, I've always liked the Rubies Sabres, they are better replicas than the bulky Hasbro electronic ones.

But Hasbro is doing much better with the EP2 non electronic ones, they have the clips and locking mechanisms for $6.99

Anyone notice the new Rubies EP2 Sabres have a big Hasbro logo on the back of the package?