Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Underneath her robes!

..Luminara's robes to be more percise. On the package it says she contains: Lightsaber : Blast effect : AND removeable cloak.
    Except her cloaks NOT removeable. Has anyone seen the prototype pics of Luminara w/o her cloak?
    Your signature here!

Yeah, it was never supposed to come off....

most Luminaras have a sticker over the "Removable Cloak" text.....
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

Well that's a shame !
    Maybe if it were removeable, they would have been forced to not sculpt her so foolishly.

You can remove it, but she looks pretty bad with out it. Her arms pop off really easily and you can just slip the robe off. Unfortunatly her arms still have the puffy robe section sculpted on to them.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by Caesar
    Well that's a shame !
    Maybe if it were removeable, they would have been forced to not sculpt her so foolishly.
    Love that "action" pose!

I love that word fool and all of its parts....foolish, fools, foolishly...it just sounds good!

Ok back on topic...wish she would have at least had knew articulation so she could stand normally.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I've stated before, that I don't really mind her pose all that much. Because the sculpted her to be standing almost exactly how she is when she ignites her lightsaber in the Geonosian Arena. We do need a normally posed one of her, to stand in Palpatine's office.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I agree with Jar Jar, I like the pose. With the blast effect, it looks really cool in an Arena Scene.

Besides with the huge cloak she wears, articulation wouldn't be that great anyway.
    Powdered Toast Man!

Um, hello? Imagination deficit alert!!!!!! What if you actually have a vivid imagination and can see beyond the movie scenes and want to have a Luminara in some other setting where you might want her to be posed more neutrally? Say you wanted to create something from the episode II precursor novel that involved anscion or whatever the planet was called? Or maybe you'd like to set up your own mission and have Luminara attempting to knock reason into a Hutt or some smuggler scoundrels. Luminara posed the way she is looks great and has fantastic details but she's bloody useless all round. This is one figure where i say we have to have a resculpt, maybe a boring resculpt but one that will fit anywhere. It's going to look pretty daft if bariss offee is posed neutrally and Luminara is all wicky wacky legs akimbo. The pair are supposed to be working together and mirroring each other.

I totally agree. I love this figure, but we need a second one who isn't such a drama queen.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I actually think that Luminara is one of the best of the Saga figures thus far. I love the pose, the detail on the robes and her hands.

HOWEVER, for those who make action scenes or otherwise open their stuff, she's very limited in what you can have her do. I too would like to see a more neutral pose. But, not because I'm unhappy with the existing one.

J