Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kit Fisto's magnet came out... it fits in his belt hole!!!

Wow was I miffed when I was playing with my Kit Fisto today when the tiny magnet embedded in his hand came out with the saber handle! It's a weak magnet that should have been glued into place, and wasn't even painted over. It went back in but wouldn't stay, so after a second it dawned on me...

The magnet will fit in the hole in Kit's belt!!!

It fits just as tightly as it originally did in Kit's hand, but it's way cooler because while it was far too weak for any neat Force effects, it makes a perfect saber-holder. It's so much better this way, with the saber being held on the belt without a big ugly peg. It can be pushed too far in, but it doesn't suffer much there, and the best part is that it works great AND looks right even when the saber isn't there.

I think Hasbro originally wanted to do this, but only included one magnet and changed their mind about where it belonged (the hole in Kit's hand seems very much like an afterthought). They really should have included 2 magnets, but I'm much happier with the belt having the magnet than the hand.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, I bought a Kit yesterday and never even noticed the magnet because it's so far down in the palm that it never got a chance to "stick" to the saber handle (you're right about it being weak )

Looking at it now, the magnet is partially covered with green paint, I wonder how easily I might get it out? I'd rather put it in the waist peg too!

Thanks for the discovery

Sure thing. One question Caesar, is it green paint or green plastic? Since mine was covered with neither, I'm curious how they did this - whether it was paint or not.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Good question

Actually, it does appear to be plastic. I just scraped it off with the saber hilt, it's a very thin layer of what looks like paint. But it has to be plastic, my guess now is that the magnet was put in at an angle that skimmed just below the surface.

Maybe someone else can tell us what (if anything) he or she thinks is covering the magnet? If it was paint, it was pretty sloppily done since mine wasn't even fully covered.

I've noticed that several of the figs have holes on their belts where it looks like a sabre hilt would fit perfectly, but I haven't figured out a way to get the hilts to stay there...maybe they intended to do the magnet thing in the belt at one time, like you said? Or am I missing something?

Plo Koon also has it, I guess they intended for the hilts to have pegs on them like Eeth Koth's but then dropped the pegs on the hilt at the last minute since the figures would look wierd in the action pose with the un-ignited saber hilt at their belt.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Plo Koon also has it, I guess they intended for the hilts to have pegs on them like Eeth Koth's but then dropped the pegs on the hilt at the last minute since the figures would look wierd in the action pose with the un-ignited saber hilt at their belt.
    Exactly LTB. I think that they were going to do it with most of the new sabers, now that they all have detachable blades. But someone finally realized that none of the Arena Battle Jedi would look right if they are in aggresive, fighting stances, and their lightsabers are clipped to their belts
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Originally posted by Caesar
    Good question

Actually, it does appear to be plastic. I just scraped it off with the saber hilt, it's a very thin layer of what looks like paint. But it has to be plastic, my guess now is that the magnet was put in at an angle that skimmed just below the surface.

Maybe someone else can tell us what (if anything) he or she thinks is covering the magnet? If it was paint, it was pretty sloppily done since mine wasn't even fully covered.
    My Ani OBD has the magnet in his hand at an angle and it's covered with paint from his hand half-way across the magnet. I bet it's the same with yours, but maybe it is plastic - interesting.

One note gang - be careful of the metal sabers' paint, it comes off fairly easily.

Originally posted by JediTricks

One note gang - be careful of the metal sabers' paint, it comes off fairly easily.
    True, but it's reapplied easily too (well if you happen to have hobby paints lying around)

I finally tried this this weekend and I'm really happy with it. Unfortunately, I now HAVE to customize Kits body to come up with a less aggressivley stanced Jedi. With the cool new lightsaber trick I really want a version of him that isn't trying to straddle something.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

You people and your paints. That's a good idea, I think besides that, I'm going to try to get someone to stain or anodize my tiny little saber accessories because I'm just too lazy and sloppy to paint mine right.

When you do a "neutral" custom, please let us know how it goes - I'd love to see this (especially with the magnet-belt trick).