Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question What was the last non SW book you read?

I am just curious, as I always like to get to know everyone here better. I think this gives you a little insight on your fellow posters.

So, what was the last non-Star Wars book that you read?

Mine was:

Bias by Bernard Goldberg.

He is a former CBS news correspondant who talks about how there is a liberal slant to the news in America. Very interesting read. It gets a little redundant in some places, but some of the things I found shocking.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

i read "black hawk down" and "shadow warriors" by tom clancey recently.

I just started Underboss, the story of Sammy the Bull Gravano. Other than the AOTC novelization, this is the first book I'll read for pleasure in quite a while. I'm usually trying to read some more "academic" texts but I must admit to being a little behind.

I hear ya Caesar. I don't get to nearly as often as I would like, especially with the fast releases of the New Jedi Order books.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Fiction: Dune, House Corrino
    NonFiction: A Brief History of Time
    Comics: Danger Girl
    Newspaper: LA Times
    Back of Cereal Box: Lucky Charms

Since I am the Master of Lists (take this e-Jargo! ), I actually keep a running total of all the books I've read from as far back as I can remember. Now, I don't consider Dr. Seuss, Disney, comic books, magazines, etc. in that list, just novels (but young reader ones do count, if they're at least 90+ pages). So...

Last completed non-SW book (as of 5/3): From the Earth to the Moon by Jules Verne
    Last completed SW book (as of 5/3): Rebel Dream by Aaron Alliston (sp?)
    Total of all books read (as of 5/3): 332
    Total of all SW books read (as of 5/3): 145

Common authors/titles:
    A.C. Clarke
    J.R.R. Tolkien
    J. Steinbeck
    Harry Potter
    Encyclopedia Brown
    Paddington Bear
    W. Least-Heat Moon
    J. Campbell (duh! )
    W. Shakespeare
    H.G. Wells
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

mine was "la bete de la cave" from goosebumps (in french) which I had to read for school to learn reading and spoeeking better french (and believe me, my french speaking and loud reading is now much better, no kidding)

In my current fiction sabbatical (I normaly read only non-ficiton; Currently reading Dreamcatcher by SK (largely borrowed from Dark Skies), but finished the exquisite Elementals an out-of-print horror from Michael McDowell.

Most recent Non-fiction was the challenging Witnessed by Budd Hopkins.

jeddah

Thumbs up

The godfather...a loooong time ago. As most books, it shows more facts than the movie.
    As always...........L

non fiction - Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche
    fiction - The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway