Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone still havent opened their figs?

I usually buy only one of each basic figure (plus a ship or 10), but I usually let them sit unopened for awhile, thinking to myself "you know their worth more unopened and still carded" then I break down and open them, I dont know why I go thru this procedure I know I would never sell them anyway ! Anyone else go through this? I have 26 of the 27 except Yoda, still havent opened.......YET!........but its getting close.
    At last we will have Revenge

I have never opened mine. They are more of a centimental value to me. I won't play with them. I just like displaying them.
    Anakin - "Do you call this a diplomatic solution?"
    Padme - "I call it aggressive negotiations!"

I have several that I haven't opened yet and many that I have. I think right now I'm finding MOC collecting to be more satisfying since they are easier to display. Besides this is the only card design I've liked since the line was resurrected in 1995. The previous cards were so ugly, it was a pleasure to tear them apart and get to the figures.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I bought 8 Saga figs at midnight and opened 7 of them right away, leaving 1 on card for my "timeline" display.
    I did, however, take my time in opening other midnight toys. I let my Legos sit for a few days and it took me a whole week to open my 12" Ani and Obi.

I opened them all immedaitely. I just never found toys in a package very attractive.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

My pitifully lonely HD Ani is still safely on his card, I'll only open him if I pick up a double.

I have approximately 85 unopened (MOMC) Star Wars figs. I haven't opened a Star Wars figure since my ROTJ days. Like Jedi Rainman, they hold centimental value to me.

I open virtually everything. Lately, though, I'm prone to keep some stuff sealed, like the ToyFare Vader and the 25th Anniversary sets. The Jorg Sacul will likely remained trapped in the bubble as well. "Regular" figures are meant to be unleashed (no pun intended), while these other special-packaging ones have better "display value" when kept intact.

I always make sure that I have 1 of every figure released on a card. If I buy any doubles, only then do I open them.

I have every figure released on a card since 1995, and many, many loose doubles.

I only wish my vintage collection was carded. But hey, when I was only 5, I had to open them.
    TK6540 of the UK Garrison

I just can't bring myself to do it.
    " You ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light? I ask all my prey, I just like the sound of it"

" See you around kid "