Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Will Padme die in Ep3?

Do you think GL will kill off Padme in Ep3 or will she live on in another medium? I've heard that her adventures after Ep3 will be chronicled in a series of novels; but am not sure if I like this idea. Sounds like a blatant attempt to cash in on the character to me.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Anakin's fall will be quite tragic, and in one way I feel that killing Padme on screen would be "piling on". From a different perspective, it would be even more tragic if she lives for some time with the knowledge of his fate.

So no matter how I look at, I must say that I hope she does not die.

Yeah, just the knowledge that she's alive and the Jedi are 'hiding her from him' could help feed Vader's hatred.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Here's another perspective:

TPM highlights Qui-Gon's death, AotC allegedly features Shmi's death, and with a whole bunch of other people either dying or about to die in Episode III, why not let Anakin's "death" be the showcase?

Or the death of the Jedi order. Or maybe the death of OB1 and Anakin's friendship (which hopefully will be established in Ep2).

I guess with so much destruction at least implied in Ep3, then maybe Padme getting killed would be too much.

Come to think of it, since we all know that Anakin will eventually turn, then that sort of puts Padme in the spotlight as the main hero for the prequels.

She'll probably die during or after giving birth to Luke and Leia
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Because of Leia's comments about her "real mother" in ROTJ, I think Padme' will live.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

She has to die since there is no mention of her in the later movies
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I actually had a theory that Padme' changed her name to Mon Mothma and led the Rebels to victory at the Battle of Endor. 'Hiding in plain site' as the saying goes.

The fact that we didn't see a young Mon Mothma in Ep1 kind of reinforced this idea. Or course this would leave a HUGE plot-hole, since Luke and Leia would never have been reunited with their mom.

Another interesting tidbit:

Darth=Dark; Vader=Vater: German for "father"

Mon=mom; Moth=mother; ma=ma (as in 'ma and pa')

Or am I reading too much into things?

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Hey, you're the ambassador.

I always thought Jar Jar was Mon Mothma, but thats my pet theory...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."