Thumbs up Free Comic Book Day! (Maybe spoilers)

If (when) anyone gets the free SW comic today (May 4th), post what you'd like about it here. From what I've read, it's a SW Tales set around E2, but I don't know if it's pre- or post-AOTC.

Also, the Tomb Raider comic has Ms. Croft's origin, I guess, and the Spiderman and Justice League books round out the four freebies.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Where do we get this free comic book?

You coulda got one of them kick *** Ultimate Spidey comics and you get the Star Wars one? Pretty sad....
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Unhappy Oops!

Apparently I was under the impression people knew where the Free Comic Book Day giveaways were taking place. I owe you a BSLOS:

"So shave your face with some mace in the dark
    Savin' up your foodstamps and burnin' down the town park.
    Yo.
    Cut it."

Yes, many comic book shops (it was tough to find any within 15 miles of my house) had a choice of those 4 comics free. I heard some stores might have others, too (mine had some Archie and other "funny" comic books).

I guess many people either didn't know or didn't care about the giveaway. I arrived at the shop about 25 minutes before it opened; no one there. At less than 10 minutes, one showed up. When the door opened, there was a "line" of 5 people, including myself. I found no other comics I was interested in, so I bought 2 packs of AOTC movie cards with my free SW comic.

The comic is a short 16 page story about Obi-Wan as Anakin's master. Only thing that's unsual about it is Anakin's characterization. A bit too goofy for me. But it's not bad, especially considering it cost zilch.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Pic

You can find a scan of the SW Comic on my webpage.
    Last edited by r2dee2; 05-21-2002 at 08:52 AM.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Unhappy

Apparently Free Comic Book Day was a flop, since I ordered some books recently and got some extras in the order: another copy of the SW, the Justice League, and the Spidey freebies.
    It's an okay story, and now that I've seen AOTC, it is within Anakin's and Obi-Wan's characterizations.