Why doesn' t the fan club have an exclusive vehicle?

I think this would be cool. Though I imagine that my idea will be met with a rousing chorus of "No! Exclusives suck!"

I still say that exclusives are THE ONLY WAY of getting some wickedly cool ships made. The TIE BOMBER springs to mind.

I nominate the Sandcrawler to be the first Fan Club exclusive vehicle.

Re: Why doesn' t the fan club have an exclusive vehicle?

Originally posted by mark2d2
    I think this would be cool. Though I imagine that my idea will be met with a rousing chorus of "No! Exclusives suck!"

I still say that exclusives are THE ONLY WAY of getting some wickedly cool ships made. The TIE BOMBER springs to mind.

I nominate the Sandcrawler to be the first Fan Club exclusive vehicle.
    Well, I think the problem is that vehicles are way more expensive to produce than the figures. If they made a FanClub exclusive vehicle, particularly a big one like the sandcrawler, they would need to be assured that they could recoup their costs. And I don't know if they could.

Look at the Carbon Freeze chamber: It didn't even start out as an exclusive, so they already had the mold and everything ready, but I think they still lost a LOT of money on those things.

I agree, I wish there was some way for them to produce new vehicles that they couldn't sell in the regular market, but unfortunately I think the only way they can do that right now is selling retail chain exclusives like the Tie Bomber
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I'm guessing also because of S&H costs, the Carbon Chamber wasn't that big or very heavy while something like a Sandcrawler would probably be like $20+ for shipping.

Although smaller vehicles would be cool, like the Lars' speeder with new Owen and Aunt Beru. $20-30 wouldn't be too bad of a price for that and the shipping would probably not be a whole lot.

I wouldn't mind seeing FC exclusives of vintage mini-rig re-releases, some of them were quite cool like the little shuttle and the one that looks like a shrunken AT-AT head with wings. Some of the droids mini-rigs were also quite cool.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Hmmm. Those are both very good reasons, guys. Maybe this isn't such a good idea after all.

I'm just so desperate for a sandcrawler . . . .

When I win the lottery I'm going toopen an account with Hasbro and put an order in to make the damn sandcrawler. I'll pay for the production of a retooled version with a little motor inside. Not radio controlled but motive anyway like it has a mind of its own. The thing will have a working cargo hold at the front, the side will fold down to show a weeny little factory inside and the cockpit will have little lights so it looks cool at night, the windows ablaze like in the movie. It'll pack with a couple of Jawas, one will be the freaky tall one and one will be a teeny tiny one. maybe I'll chuck R1-G4 in for good measure. I'll make it a SSG exclusive only available to those registered by a certain date and keep the cost at bare minimum so I don't make a profit , just the cost of production and shipping back. Would that suit you Mark?

Can it also come with a Jude Law Slave Figure as well?

Put me down for one,JARGO

FC exclusives would be almost impossible to get because WOTC is probably worried about money more than fans.While we are at it..I want to see the POTF2 Bantha rereleased.Keep it the same,with the fake little hair and the Sandperson..just make it
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

My guess is strictly the shipping issue, especially with the USPS raising prices AGAIN, in June!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No more exclusives!!!

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com