Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brown Battledroid Deluxe

Will there be a variation with the 'Mace Windu with Battledroid' figure too?

What about the white arena battle droid, will it be rare in the future?
    Bad Taste

Surely the point of the brown battle droid being in the deluxe pack is that it's the rarer one because unlike the ordinary battle droid which was made in copious amounts, the deluxe battle droid will be made in smaller numbers and you have to buy the C-3PO with it in order to get one, And the deluxe packs are more expensive. So fewer people will be buying them or the scalpers will seize upon the idea that the battle droid is a variant and rare and money can be made by holding the entire amount of them to ransom on EBAY. Isn't that what normally happens when a figure is a once only deal and shortpacked to boot?

Of course Hasbro could get round this by producing equal amounts of the cream battle droid basic figure in brown as a second chance to get the brown droid without having to buy a huge army of C-3PO's at the same time. There seem to be more brown battle droids in the movie than cream ones so why start off with the cream version? Silly.
    Last edited by Jargo; 05-04-2002 at 06:26 PM.

I think he's referring to the Battle Droid in the Mace Windu Deluxe set, Jargo. Since it's currently cream/white colored, who knows if they plan to change it. The Mace set isn't re-shipping in later deluxe assortmants at this time. The other 3 will ship with the 4 new Deluxe figures. They did confirm at Celebration 2 that the regular carded Battle Droid is going to be coming out in the correct Brown/Red color very soon.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well that's some consolation if that is indeed the case about a regular carded brown droid. I was having visions of having to buy cases of deluxe 3po's to get the number I require for my dioramas.

I know the subject was about the Mace windu droid pack in and I think a variant would be cool but packed with a different figure. I don't like this 'same figure, new colours' variant thing unless it's a valid one. The brown battle droid basic figure is definately valid as is the blast apart but there's no reason to flood the market with a Mace deluxe with brown blast apart droid. Better to put a new figure out with the droid. A Padme or something. But without the silly arm twitch feature or anything. maybe Stass Allie or Barris Offee, Coleman Trebor... someone we might not get ordinarily that would benefit from the pack-in. Contextual packaging sort of thing. Just, please no more mace Windu figures. They're way too painful to look at as it is and making a rare variant would be just nuts.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    They did confirm at Celebration 2 that the regular carded Battle Droid is going to be coming out in the correct Brown/Red color very soon.
    I can't decide if I like that or not, just on a personal level I mean. I have 4 Security BDs, 2 Super Bds, 5or6 Droidekas (regular and blast apart) and today I just scored 5 more Boomer Damage BDs for 2.99ea at KB bringing my total of those up to 8. Plus about a dozen of the awful original Ep1 BDs.

I really dislike the new AOTC basic battle droid, with no knees and one leg way shorter than the other, but I still bought two of the cream colored ones. I don't think I'll bother with the red variants though, even if they are correct. I like my other Battle Droids quite a bit better.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I need to find Droidekas. Those are my favorite droids. Ebay here I come . Can't find them around here.

I wonder if there're going to make a new Destroyer Droid?
    We need a better one.........
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!

There is a Deluxe Destroyer Droid on the lists for later this year, so fear not. You will be getting a new one to fill out your army. Hopefully they make it with the eyes extended, like they are in the movie. The 2-Pack w/ Jar Jar Binks one had the extended eyes, but that was cancelled.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That sounds good.... Do you know why it is a Deluxe? Like what kind of Accesories or action does it have to make it a Deluxe?

MY 100th POST!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!

I'm hoping it's able to roll up but it probably just has some silly blast apart feature or maybe if we're lucky it'll have a clear blue plastic defense shield you can put over it. I loved that in TPM, the fact they had shields just added to their badazz image.