Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up 12" Star Wars Line Switching to G.I. Joe "Gung Ho" Bodies!!

Hey all you 12" collectors. Hasbro announced at Celebration 2 today that all 12" Star Wars figures starting with the Dooku wave will start using the more articulated G.I. Joe "Gung Ho" bodies. Here is the news from Rebelscum!! Happy Happy, Joy Joy!!

Hasbro informs us today at Celebration 2 that they plan on producing the upcoming 12" figures starting with the Dooku wave with the more superior G.I. Joe bodies and articulation, including the "Gung Ho" grip. When asked whether this will be the new standard for Saga 12" figures going forward, Hasbro states that they will continue to do so as long as it makes sense both creatively and financially. The next 12" wave of Count Dooku, Super Battle Droid, and Zam Wesell is planned for release this summer with the new Bounty Hunter assortment of Dengar, Zuckuss, and Imperial Officer in the fall.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 05-04-2002 at 07:53 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Why'd they wait until the second wave? So do they plan to re-release Anakin with the better body?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Why'd they wait until the second wave? So do they plan to re-release Anakin with the better body?
    Doubt it. I'm glad they started this, but it's too late for me. I just don't collect the 12' line. Compared to other 1/6th scale lines they just aren't that good. I only buy the vehicle or beast packs.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

big barada,

i bet they will be re-releasing anakin and obi wan. outland peasant anakin is a sure bet, and another obi wan, like a rain soaked jango duel version, wouldn't suprise me. now that they have confirmed this, hopefully they will make the heads a little smaller. the 12 inch dooku looks to be just that way, and i think it's great.

i'm curious to see what kind of body zam weisel will have. hopefully it will be at least a jane body and not a barbie body.

pthfnder89,

dude, have you seen that 12 inch dooku? it looks to be dragon or blue box quality. if hasbro will produce quality stuff like that dooku figure, they will see a big jump in their 12 inch sales.

the hands are a different color than the body, but this can be easily fixed. i know hasbro has released several "asian" figures in a tone of plastic that would better match dooku's head skin tone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c2-12dooku.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	1638  
    Last edited by derek; 05-04-2002 at 10:44 PM.

I'm definatly getting the Dooku, gotta love Christopher Lee. I cut back on collecting most of the 12", I got sick of the cheesy 12" Exclusives. I may get Zam as well, since I like the charecter. Depends on if she looks good. I do have to get Zuckess and Dengar though, since I have the other Bounty Hunters release.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Its about time they actually do something right with the 12 inch line.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

That 12" Dooku is really amazing. Hopefully we'll get an Anakin of the same quality soon.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Look at his saber, I don't think the blade is removable! Can this be true?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It might not be able to be removed because of the curved hilt. I really hope this isn't true though.

Darn you BB, that's a very reasonable line of thought on this issue and while I'm not thrilled, if that is the case, I can't be as angry at Hasbro as I want.

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.