Battle Droid Questions? Should we stock up?

Am I correct in that Hasbro said they are changing future battle droids to the red/brown color? Is that going to be a new battle droid, or a variant of the one that's out now? Should we be stocking up on the tan/white battle droid for our armys so we can have varaiation? Or should we pick up an extra with or without the background for future investment/trades? Curse you Hasbo for putting me in such turmoil! By the way- why in the world would Hasbro go ahead and release the battle droid in the wrong color if they are just going to change it any way? (Perhaps to get us to buy multiple figures ? )

=MATT=

The change in the movie to the Brown/Red battle droids was a last minute thing. Remember, primarily all the Battle Droids in the movies are CGI creations. Hasbro had the figure made and ready at the time Lucas decided to go with the unpainted droids. There was no way Hasbro could have eaten the cost of destroying all those figures. So it's going to be the same figure just the right color.

Neither should end up being more rare then the other, infact the brown/red may end up a little harder to find. Hasbro has already shipped out tons of the cream colored droids, so they will never really have a high secondary market value.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

It's still hard to determine if there are, in fact, both versions in the film. Based on the TV spots, I'd have to say yes.

They could have already had a batch of previously-made, TPM-style droids, but since Geonosis is described as a redrock planet, the local droids would have the red hue.

So the shipments sort of reflect the movie. Maybe.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Yes I've been stocking up on them but now there are no more Battle Droids left there to get because someone beat me there
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

I bet the cream colored ones we all got now are the same ones from the Episode 1 line, just with added blue lightning. Good way for Hasbro to get rid of their extra stock of battle droids.

I will buy some army builders when everything at the most gets to 2.99.... I'll get a couple of Red/Cream colored BattleDroids, Super BattleDroids, and some Clonetroopers.....
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!