Please release more 25th Anniversary Darth Vaders

Please release more of these. I was unable to get one due to the fact that the stupid Fan Club has a horrible working site. I tried to get one many times the day they were available and the stupid website didn't acknowledge my member status (which I have been for 4 years now) and so I was unable to get one because of this. Should I have to suffer and pay the outrageous scalper prices on ebay of $100 for one just because the Fan Clubs website sucks? NO I don't think so. If these were at least produced in large enough quantities for the fans to get them, then perhaps I would have gotten one.

Without mentioning names and bringing back a horrible topic, but there was indeed a person who admitted on the SSG forums that he purchased multiples of the 25th Anniversary Vader with the sole intention of selling them each on ebay, which he did for around $100 each. How is this fair to the fans that just want one to collect? IT ISN'T.

I for one believe that exclusives only help encourage scalping. The only people who suffer are the "true consumers" and perhaps if you saw that Hasbro, then you'd at least stop with the exclusives.

Anyways, please release more of the 25th Anniversary Darth Vaders if you can. Also more of the Jorg Sacul figure as well. It isn't fair to punish fans who don't have the money to travel to an overpriced event just to get one. Anyone else here agree, let them know!
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Not happening... Hasbro told me this today.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Yeah, even if they hadn't said it, I could have told you that.

But since we are asking the impossible, how about releasing some more Zuckuss? It's the only figure I have not been able to get.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

All Hasbro is really doing here is slitting their own throat. I'm happy to just collect a few cool figures but many fans are walking away from the hobby for good because of this. Hasbro will definitely feel that when the movie hype dies down.

Maybe it's best if the line does die, the enjoyment is vanishing.

When did you have to be a member of the Fan Club to get TF Vader? I ordered and I only subscribe to the magazine, not the full club. I'm confused . . . . . . did FC members get "first crack" at them?

Originally posted by Caesar
    When did you have to be a member of the Fan Club to get TF Vader? I ordered and I only subscribe to the magazine, not the full club. I'm confused . . . . . . did FC members get "first crack" at them?
    You didn't at the beginning, though you got I believe it was 2.00 or 3.00 off if you had a fan club membership. At the end, when they only had a few left, I think they made it members only for the remaining quantities.

MTFBWY and HH!!'

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by Caesar
    When WOTC took over the fan club they automatically made all subscription members full fan club members. It says so somewher eon their website. I missed out on it the first time, and the second time the stupid site wouldn't let me log in. That is why I am upset, because hteir stupid site sucks and that is why I was unable to get one. Now I have to pay an $85 dollar mark up if I want one. I'll just wait. Eventually these things will come down in price.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I managed to luck out at midnight one night was just surfing the web, and I decided to check it out since I heard they were doing that. I managed to buy 2. I tried to order a day or two later for a friend of mine, but like everyone else, the site was down, timed out, whatever. And I never got to put another order in.

I too am a member, and I was miffed about the website deal, and to add a grain of salt or two into the wound, I never got the free figure that was a "gift" for ordering. I can't recall who it was, but some episode I overstock figure. Oody or somebody. So I wrote to the fan club about this, just to bring it to their attention, and to tell them, there no point in sending it to me. They fed me some garbage about how I should have gotten a notice about not getting the free figure. So stuff is messed up on their end too.

Now I'm getting really confused. SirSteve just said that Hasbro isn't going to release it, and I think it was that UK R2 site that was claming that the fan club was going to re-issue that figure in June/July with a new package...so I'm confused, but I'll trust SirSteve on this one.

Sorry you got hosed by the web site.