Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Is the new Saga R5-D4 figure going to have Rocket-Firing action?

Just curious. I got a lot of play-value out of the original R5-D4... heh.

No, please...dear gods. Dexter, you are gonna have the R5-D4 fans coming after you with pitchforks for even suggesting that. If they give R5-D4 any action play features at all, it better be an exploding motivator.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

He should just have a pop up motivator.

Originally posted by Battle Droid
    He should just have a pop up motivator.
    Definitely.

Or maybe an angry Uncle Owen...
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I'd like him to be part of a multi-droid set, something like:

A New Hope

Tatooine Droids

Includes:

R5-D4 (astromech droid)
    LIN-V8K (mining droid)
    2X-7KPR (diagnostic droid)

Then add little features, like removeable motivator and articulated parts.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Well since they didn't give the E2 R2 anything like that for blasting at those dern centipedes, I guess we're safe from THAT gimmick...for the time being.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Strangely enough I gave my nephews a whole bunch of my old POTF2 figures and the only one they fight over is that R5-D4, because of his rocket firing feature.

I would love to see a simple gimmick-less R5 with maybe an Ep2 "pointing" Jawa as a pack in.

Sure, I got a lot of play value out of my old R5-D4 (however, when one half of his body snapped off, I painted it and put it on my Milly Falcon, a "modification" of sorts (Han would be proud (whoa, parentheses within parentheses (and again!))))... But I never actually understood why they put that on there in the first place. Maybe Hasbro thought the motivator popping out was a dud missile? You never know with Hasbro. That's the #1 lamest gimmick ever, far worse than anything we've seen with Saga.
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((IIIIIIIOIIIII

Tom Coglin does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
    But he asks the impossible. I need more Monkey-Chow.
    - Caesar

Sadly, I'm still not convinced we will ever even see a Saga R5-D4 . . .

I think given the size of 2X-3KPR (diagnostic droid) the little one with the light up dome on top, he is a possibility as a pack-in but I'm definately with the no gimmicks voters. And even if we don't get a proper R5-D4 there's plenty of R5 droids in AOTC they could do that we could then repaint to get an R5-D4. Just as long as Hasbro chuck out at least one decent sculpt of an R5 droid I'll be happy. I personally don't want a pop up motivator but if he comes with one then I hope to Juno it's just a tiny feature that is easily fixed if you don't want it.