Dear Hasbro, your missed figure opportunities

I've recently gotten around to getting the ROTS Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid and recently found the AT-TE Gunner and Clone #41.

However, I must say each has led to some slight disappointment.

The Battle Droid I was hoping would finally be right, but again you didn't use quality plastic on it. This leaves the Droid to bend under it's weight eventually. Though I'm glad you finally decided to include a stand that you didn't do with this Battle Droid mold during the Saga toys. It's still very little help when the plastic is so worthless that the Droid will bend from it's feather weight.

The Super Battle Droid I was highly looking forward to, I hadn't heard much about it or really looked closely at it as I assumed it was the AOTC basic mold with FINALLY the correct wrist position. However, after opening it today I have to say I was disappointed to find it was a rehash of the gummy SBD from the AOTC deluxe Yoda pack. You could not mold the legs in thicker plastic this time?

The Clones, while both are great figures I find it very odd that the lesser articulated Tank Gunner has ball jointed hips whereas the "Super Articulated" Clones do not.

Finally, I recently spotted the Destroyer Droid rerelease. The sad thing is that this will likely take up the pegs due to lack of interest since even it's Saga release was highly lacking.

These all lead me to wondering why this happened when you have all the abilities to make the "perfect" versions of these figures from previous ones?

The Battle Droid would actually be perfect just being cast in the same plastic the TPM Battle Droids were, or even the POTJ Security Droid.

The Super Battle Droid would be perfect by taking the AOTC sculpt and plastic, slapping on the removeable arm from the ROTS version (this would've been possible now if you had made them use the same pegs), and the fixing left leg so the droid can actually stand.

The perfect way to do the plain white Clone Trooper would be to use the SA body but add the ball jointed hips and removeable helmets. Possible even include the AOTC helmet from the AOTC deluxe Clone so it'd be two perfect figures at once. Also give him the long blaster rifle, the short one's getting annoying.

The Destroyer Droid would be perfect by taking the TPM Destroyer Droid mold and slapping on the "head" with the corrected eye from the Clone Wars Droid Army 3-pack.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: Dear Hasbro, your missed figure opportunities

But that's the problem with Hasbro. They know we will buy the product so why not reuse the crappy figures of the past and save the money needed to produce better versions when that money can go in their pockets.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Agreed, its the down right truth too

The battle droids, maybe its just their appearance, simply don't have the appeal for army building that clone troopers do. Or maybe its the fact that their figures have never been of truly great quality like the SA clone- even the best of them which I would say are Oom 9 and the security battle droid. If these figures were super-articulated they would need better quality plastic and we might not have this problem of their arms and legs getting warped. Then again I don't work in that field I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo
    The battle droids, maybe its just their appearance, simply don't have the appeal for army building that clone troopers do. Or maybe its the fact that their figures have never been of truly great quality like the SA clone- even the best of them which I would say are Oom 9 and the security battle droid. If these figures were super-articulated they would need better quality plastic and we might not have this problem of their arms and legs getting warped. Then again I don't work in that field I may be wrong.
    I think part of the reason why these don't get army built as much is for these reasons:
    They are destroyed too easily (in the movies)
    They don't have the link to the OT like Clonetroopers do. Since we know that Clone troopers evolve to Stormtroopers we equate them to be linked to the OT.
    Since many of us were not able to find alot of the "clean" variant from the TPM days, we never built them up and interest subsided from there.
    Articulation seemingly got worse from TPM to AOTC and Red Battle Droids weren't all that easy to find at first.
    Plastic quality also got worse as stated in previous posts.

-Sal
    Move along, move along

I think the reason is because they just don't stand up, and the ones that do stand can't hold the weapons. I would love to have a battle droid army of super, destroyer and standard but the figures are too flimsy to make a great display with.
    Everytime I walk near the display i have now, I spend 10 minutes restanding the battle droids. Even the super battledroids fall.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks