Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Episode III hints from Celebration II!

This comes from www.theforce.net

CELEBRATION: Episode III Hints
    Sun, May 05, 02 01:50:06 AM EDT

Several hints about Episode III surfaced at Celebration II. The first is that in the final prequel, "armageddon" will take place. It was also revealed that pieces of Darth Vader's armor will be seen on several different characters. It will all come together to make the final Vader armor in Episode III. It was also said that they'll start work on Episode III pre-production in either the middle of June or mid-September depending on how long of a break is needed after Episode II. Bonnie Piesse and Joel Edgerton both said they have not filmed anything for Episode III and that they are not yet signed for it either.

Armageddon? Is that the Purge?

Or maybe the big opening battle that ends the Clone Wars.

The "Red Herring!" I never thought of that! What better way to conceal Vader's identity than to "confuse" the audience with false possibilities?

If "armageddon" is the opening sequence then I assume, like ESB, the climax of the film will be the more personal battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

IMO, that would be stupid. putting two battles between Anakin and Obi-wan in two consecutive movies? lame, really.

Rick said they have already started on E III and that Anakin will put on the helmet in E III.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

SirSteve, will it be just the helmet and not the mask? That would be funny - Hayden running around with his new dome . . .

Jason B, how else can it happen? Obi-Wan and Anakin have to fight in order for Anakin to get disfigured and require the suit. It'll be just like the consecutive battles between Vader and Luke in ESB and ROTJ. I'm not quite sure what you were expecting, though.

In any case, I hope that Ep3 at least tries to keep Vader's true identity a secret. For that to happen, audiences watching the saga for the first time in order (1-6) will have to believe that Anakin is dead and gone at the end of Ep3.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The battle between Ben and Anakin has to be in 3.
    I'm no writer so i can only tell you what I would like to see.
    The end of the clone wars is also the end of Anakin.He can be "Killed" in battle.Or at least left for dead by his fellow Jedi.
    The last inroad Palpatine needs to get him over the edge.
    The audience could be led to believe he was dead.Then a mystious masked sith could begin wiping out the remaining Jedi and taking more and more damage as he goes.A hand here an arm there.Until it's down to just him and Obi wan.The obi wan puts him down big time.He would then need more than just a few replacement parts.
    I really don't know just a few thoughts.I would really like to see the secret kept from the audience.The hiding of the twins and Yoda leaving to bide his time would be explained.They were hiding from the emporer not Vader.
    Can the secret be kept?I don't think it can."I'm your father" is a major piece of pop culture.It would be neat if lucas "forgot" that in the writing though.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

yeah, I see what you mean now. I've been thinking about it, and that really is the only way that it can happen.
    but me Dryanta and I have had this conversation before, everyone knows that Anakin is Vader. that isnt a secret anymore. they even showed it in the movie poster, that one that shows little Annie's shadow as Vader's.
    i know what you mean about the "mystery sith's" identity being kept secret though.

Yeah that Ep1 poster should make it pretty obvious.