Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dang! Weakening Willpower Here.

Okay, when we first saw images of the ATOC figs, I was all like . . .heh heh heh. I'll only be getting like five of those tops . . .

Now that I have five of them --- R2-D2, C3-P0, OPD Anakin, R3-T7, and the Female Tuskin --- my firm resolve at sparce collecting seems to be slipping away faster than the Death Star could destroy a planet.

Don't get me wrong --- I certainly don't want everything.

But suddenly I most decidedly crave . . .

Yoda
    Padme Pilot
    Obidwan Coruscant Chase
    Deluxe C3-P0
    Zam AND her Speeder
    Jango Fett Kamino Escape
    Royal Guard
    That Fat Blue Senator Guy

Soon, my spending will be spiraling out of control! Help!

. . . . "It is useless to resist. It is unavoidable."

So --- has this been happening to anybody else?

NOTE: And of course I want all the new OT figures that are coming out, but that was never in question.

I was firm in buying only my 8 figs at midnight madness, but since then I caved and bought Kit, Plo, Zam, and the Clone.

It's cool Mark2d2 that others are growing on ya, as long as you have fun with it - that's all that matters, right? If you suddenly crave a complete collection, then you'll need help.

Well, back when I hadn't seen the figs in person and all I had to go on was pics on the net, and most everyone was in a tizzy about the gimmicks and static poses, I was thinking blech, I ain't even gonna buy ONE of those new figs. Then I saw them in stores and really I thought they looked pretty good for the most part. Out of the figs I have so far:

Jango
    Tusken Raider
    C-3PO
    R2
    Zam
    HD Anakin
    Dooku
    Yoda
    Plo Koon
    Kit Fisto
    Nikto
    Saesee Tin
    Dexter
    Jar-Jar
    Clonetrooper
    Super Battle Droid
    Amidala

I think I could live without Jar-Jar, just 'cuz well, he's Jar-Jar. Though the sculpt and detail on him is nice, and the senatorial robes are cool. Otherwise I like 'em all. I did sort of "freak out" a little bit when I saw the new figures in a store but I don't think any of them so far were impulse buys. That's what I'm trying to avoid...impulse buying. I bought a lot of TPM garbage just because it was the first new SW movie in nearly 20 years.

So yeah, the same thing sort of happened to me. For a while I was like "Man, I'm not buying of that crap! LOL!" then that turned into, "Well the Royal Guard and Dooku look cool." Then when I actually saw the figures on the pegs I was surprised at how good I thought they looked despite the gimmicks and action poses. I say if you've got the money to spend, go pick up the ones you're craving. Just don't go overboard

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

Originally posted by Caesar
    I was firm in buying only my 8 figs at midnight madness, but since then I caved and bought Kit, Plo, Zam, and the Clone.

It's cool Mark2d2 that others are growing on ya, as long as you have fun with it - that's all that matters, right? If you suddenly crave a complete collection, then you'll need help.
    Nice to see they are growing on so many. I was a supporter of the new line from the beginning, even though there are some duds in the line. I guess it's cause I remember playing with all those fun "gimmicky" toys in the 70's and 80's. Ahh, the memories. But, as I was saying, every line has had duds, from POTF2 to POTJ.

Hey Caeser, what's wrong with wanting a complete collection. I have one, every figure from 1995 til today and I don't need help. Of course I still enjoy mine. As I said in another thread, my Jedi's are currently fighting a loosing battle on my computer desk against my Sepratist Droid Army, until here come Jar Jar leading a squad of CloneTroopers to save the day.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Normally I only collect the Jedi, my wife buys the droids. Like you I went all out for TPM, and I promised myself I would only buy the Jedi Figures this time.

But when I saw the backing cards, cool aliens, Jango and Boba I just could'nt help myself. Now im 9 figures away from owning all the first wav !

I am weak :P

I said the same thing, on the 23rd I was only going to buy 10 figures and nothing more, but when the day arrived and I saw those suckers hanging on the pegs I got weak and to this day I own 19 of original 27 figs the figures, and soon the Bespin wave will be added to those.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Nice to see they are growing on so many. I was a supporter of the new line from the beginning, even though there are some duds in the line. I guess it's cause I remember playing with all those fun "gimmicky" toys in the 70's and 80's. Ahh, the memories. But, as I was saying, every line has had duds, from POTF2 to POTJ.

Hey Caeser, what's wrong with wanting a complete collection. I have one, every figure from 1995 til today and I don't need help. Of course I still enjoy mine. As I said in another thread, my Jedi's are currently fighting a loosing battle on my computer desk against my Sepratist Droid Army, until here come Jar Jar leading a squad of CloneTroopers to save the day.
    Well, I can't say any of them have grown on me. I was never opposed to Kit or Plo, I just didn't want to spend more money. So I caved in that respect. Zam
    was . . . a regrettable purchase because I left my Preview version on card and thought I might like her loose - I don't. And the Clone? I decided to put together a timeline so to speak of Clonie/Stormie.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a complete collection, for me it just got to be too much money and hassle . . . I was speaking more directly to Mark's once-firm stance on not buying many. If he went from only wanting 5 to "having" to buy all 27, that would be alarming!

I've had the same thing happen to me, I only had HD Anakin, Dexter, Jango KE and the Tusken Female after MM. Since then though I have been weak and I now have 16 figures. Fortunately I haven't spent money on any figure I have regretted yet.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I started with Luminara, Shaak Ti, Royal Guard, and the Tusken Mother, the day after Midnight Madness. Since then I've added an average of 1 figure every 2-3 days.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Lol, I have the same thing going on JJB. I have a large flat space on top of my computer desk for books, and it's now the battle ground for my little circle of Jedi being slaughtered by my vast Seperatist Battle Droid Army.

I hope mine aren't waiting for JarJar to show up leading troops though because they may be in for a loooooong wait :P

I'm saving that 6 bucks in case I ever happen to actually *see* a Dooku in the stores.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?