Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Emperor and Vader not knowing that Obi-Wan & Yoda are alive?

I understand how they can't sense Yoda on Dagobah because of the " Cave " but why can't they sense Obi-Wan on Tatooine?

I always thought that because of"masive lifeform readings" they wouldn't get a blip on Yoda.the cave is interesting though.
    As far as Obi wan goes maybe he was projecting a shield or a block of some kind over both himself and Luke to keep vader from sensing them both.Some one may have been with Leia as well.I really have no idea
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Anakin may have let his former master go as the last act of kidness possible after he became Vader. Vader also probably figured that Obi-Wan was no longer a threat to the Emporer or himself, so let him go to think on the fact that it's all his fault that the Jedi's were killed. Sometimes letting someone live with their guilt, is a much crueler punishment then killing them. After all, in ANH Vader tells Ben, "You should not have come back."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm beginning to think that Yoda's job was to watch over Leia, while Obi-Wan was to watch over Luke. Yoda is powerful enough to protect her and shield her from dark side detection from a distant planet, Obi-Wan is not. This would also help explain why Yoda was so reluctant to train Luke. If he believed Luke could do it why would he have to be convinced to train him?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescenceÖ When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

This is the Difinitive reason the Emperor and Vader could not find Kenobi!!!!

They called directory assistance looking for "Obi-Wan Kenobi," but the operator could not find him. He was listed under "Ben Kenobi" at that time, and the operator couldn't find his number, so he slipped by Vader and the Emperor's wide ranging search.

And that's canon from G.Lu himself!!!

-ok. maybe not
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire

How about this? A trimmer in the force can only be detected if someone is using the force (even if that person doesnít know they are using it). If Yoda and Obi Wan stopped using their powers then they would just blend in with the rest of the life forms.

More over one may not be able to detect a trimmer in the force so far away. Remember Qui Gon didn't sense Anakin until they landed on the planet. Luke didn't know Vader was on the Star Destroyer until the shuttle he was on with Han and Chewy passed right by it. Vader didn't sense Ben Kenobi until they were on the Death Star together.

So, if Vader thought Yoda and Obi Wan to be dead then he would not bother looking for them. Especially on unimportant systems like Tatooine and Degobah.

Finally there is so much that we do not understand about the force. It is not explained to well. We do not know itís limits or if it is unlimited. We will probably never know. That is what makes Star Wars so great. Itís the myths and the unexplained that keep us wanting more.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

1) It's my belief that Force-users cannot detect other Force-users unless they have had fairly recent and close contact with each other.

2) It's my belief that the Emperor and Vader detected Luke's entry into the Force was due to someone becoming a new Force-user.

I don't think there's any reason to believe that the Emp and Vader *should* be able to sense Obi-Wan or Vader during "the Dark Times".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, Anakin isn't FROM Tatooine, but he grew up there.....

so, the place Obi Wan went (With Luke), was the place Vader would NEVER expect........

his home planet.....

C'mon......it makes perfect sense!
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

Adding to Taichi's thoughts Tatooine is a place that Vader wants to forget because it was their that Anakin really ceased to be. There is too much pain at the planet for Vader to even want to step foot on it. Since this is the Classic Trilogy section and not the EPII spoiler section I'm not going to say why Tatooine triggers painful memories. Even though everyone in the forums probably already knows why...

The emperor leaves the dirty work to Vader and does not dirty his hands with hunting down the Jedi. Plus maybe he thinks that since there are so few left they really don't pose much of a threat. I think it would be beneath a sith in his eyes to try to hunt down every single jedi, he is much more allusive than that.