Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anakin must return to Tatooine in Ep III also.

Cause Obi-Wan says to Luke in Ep IV that Owen wanted Anakin to stay there and not get involved with Obi-Wan and his Crusade, though for what reason would Anakin return? Maybe a Battle in the Clone Wars takes place on Tatooine and he see's Owen again?

Or does Owen say this to him in Ep2, or is it just another one of Obi-Wan lies (Points of View)?

There is only one shot that takes on Tatooine, and it was filmed while the cast and crew was in Tunisia filming Episode II. That was confirmed in the insider. The scene is the last shot of Episode III, and it's Obi-Wan delivering the blanket wrapped infant Luke to Owen and Beru and then walking off into the sunset.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

So either he tells Anakin this in Ep2 or it's an Obi-Wan lie, right?

Well, in Episode II he gets the distress call from Obi-Wan on Geonosias, and he heads out with Padme in tow to rescue him. So, that is probably when Owen takes Anakin aside and tells him that he should stay there, and not get involved.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The shot they took in Tunisia for Episode III was only an exterior. Next year while filming they can always get an interior shot of Obi-Wan visiting the Lars family. Owen might have some strong words for him then. If Owen learns that Anakin was maimed after leaving, and then the whole Vader identity, he'll probably be pretty ****ed at Kenobi.

Binksy, I speculated the same theory about Owen telling Anakin not to follow Obi-Wan to his "damn fool idealistic crusade" on Geonosis, but I don't recall that from the novelization. Maybe they did a pick up shot to tidy that string.

Originally posted by Caesar
    The shot they took in Tunisia for Episode III was only an exterior. Next year while filming they can always get an interior shot of Obi-Wan visiting the Lars family. Owen might have some strong words for him then. If Owen learns that Anakin was maimed after leaving, and then the whole Vader identity, he'll probably be pretty ****ed at Kenobi.

Binksy, I speculated the same theory about Owen telling Anakin not to follow Obi-Wan to his "damn fool idealistic crusade" on Geonosis, but I don't recall that from the novelization. Maybe they did a pick up shot to tidy that string.
    Possibly, but since Obi-Wan wasn't there for the conversation, he's just putting his own personal spin on things. Plus your right, if they do interior shots for E3 later, Owen could say some of the stuff to Obi-Wan, that Obi-Wan tells Luke in ANH. Such as, "He should have stayed here, and not gotten involved." etc.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

What about Anakin's dream of returning and freeing all the slaves?
    Or is this another thing that his training kept him from doing (so it won't be shown in Episode III, since it didn't happen), only adding "fuel to the fire" for his journey to the dark side?
    "I Don't Know. Anakin Doesn't Talk To Me Anymore."

Perhaps that is something he does as Darth Vader when the Empire establishes a presence on Tatoonie.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

If George wanted to shoot one scene in Tunisia so he wouldn't have to drag the crew back there to shoot anything for E3, then I doubt he plans on shooting slave-freeing or presence-establishing in that location. However, there was an interesting comment in TPM novelization that would support that idea, although I think the concept has since been scrapped. Anakin is out in the desert dreaming and one of his dreams is about him being a great and feared commander who returned to Tattooine with ships and troops to free the slaves.
    Last edited by Jedi Clint; 05-08-2002 at 08:39 PM.
    ubi mel ibi apes

I remember reading that too, Jedi Clint. Maybe he could show up as Anakin, not Vader, commanding a platoon of Clones. Just a thought . . .
    But I agree they won't show anything of this nature, George was clear in that "Making E2" segment that he only wanted to do that one scene for Episode 3 meaning he doesn't have to go back to Tunisia.

Well, he could always use an American desert again if he changes his mind . . .