Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

For crying out frickin loud!

Originally posted by Mark @ RS in a News Report
    Here's the latest update on the Trooper head variations that were originally planned for the POTJ Imperial Officer and Rebel Fleet Trooper. We can expect the first launch of this concept with the new Endor Rebel Soldiers, which features a clean and goateed head variant. It is uncertain at this point if Hasbro will reissue the previous POTJ troopers in the Saga assortment, since the line has slight stylistic differences and is an entirely new collection altogether. But the concept is certainly moving forward with future figures in the Saga line. The goateed soldier will be the first one released with the second version shipping out in a later assortment.

Hasbro also tells us that the Endor Rebel Soldier 4 Pack, which will be released through the Fan Club later this year, will be a reissued mold of the POTF2 Endor Rebel Soldier. The pricepoint will be the same as the Stormtrooper set at $19.99.
    $20? $20? $20?!

White mailer box, baggie packaged figures, reissued mold for figures and accessories, and they want $20?!?!!? Some army-builder sets! If anyone builds a time-machine to go back to the TRU clearance sale...let me know. I know it's $5 a figure, but that just ain't right, these sets should just hardly pass $10.

"Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: For crying out frickin loud!

Originally posted by LTBasker

$20? $20? $20?!

White mailer box, baggie packaged figures, reissued mold for figures and accessories, and they want $20?!?!!? Some army-builder sets! If anyone builds a time-machine to go back to the TRU clearance sale...let me know. I know it's $5 a figure, but that just ain't right, these sets should just hardly pass $10.

It's pretty dumb. Granted $5 isn't too much, but considering what an old figure it is, and how easy it is to pick up some loose (or even carded) off Ebay or online retailers for much less than that...

At least the Stormies are very articulated and since they're helmeted it doesn't matter that they all have the same head.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

So, since they're a reissue of a POTF2 mold, does that mean they're all going to resemble steroid freaks? I don't remember what these guys looked like.

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

Originally posted by Forhekset
    So, since they're a reissue of a POTF2 mold, does that mean they're all going to resemble steroid freaks? I don't remember what these guys looked like.
    No, they are using the Commtech POTF2 mold.

Oh, ok. I couldn't imagine that they were going to give people a bunch of He-Man looking troopers, but there was still a sliver of doubt somewhere in my mind. Plus I only really started collecting during Episode I so I'm kind of fuzzy on the specifics of the old lines.

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

Anybody noticed that the Fanclub member price is $17.99? Not such a bad deal at $4.50 a piece in my opinion! Maybe I'll take a moment to reconsider my decision to renew my membership. O.k. nevermind, it's still not worth the $2 I'd save by renewing! $5 a piece still ain't a bad price either!

The old POTF2 endor rebel troopers were basically the hoth one's re-painted with a neew head right?
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

I don't think $5 is so bad. I just hope all the army-builder and diorama guys don't buy them all up by ordering like 20 sets apiece before I can get some. I just want like 1 or 2 sets

Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
    The old POTF2 endor rebel troopers were basically the hoth one's re-painted with a neew head right?
    No, it wasn't the same figure at all. In fact it's a pretty nice figure, and I think I will get a set or 2 of this. Hopefully they will do some different heads with the army building kit. Though It's always possible to do that yourself. Especially by headswapping the new Saga ERS heads on the POTF2 figure. And since the Saga ERS has removable helmets, you can use any figure head, to customize your troops.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	endor rebel soldier.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	1674  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

No, it wasn't the same figure at all. In fact it's a pretty nice figure, and I think I will get a set or 2 of this. Hopefully they will do some different heads with the army building kit. Though It's always possible to do that yourself. Especially by headswapping the new Saga ERS heads on the POTF2 figure.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Wow, he was better looking than i remembered. I might pick up a pack of these. Maybe. I just can't wait for the ST 4-pack. One question though: I'm not a member of the fan club, but is there a way I can get a pack of two of the ST set?
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum