Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

anyone care for a death star playset?

does anyone care for a totally new deathstar playset? One possiblity is sell the playset in modules so they can be connected to make one MASSIVE play set. May even as tall as four levels.

Oh well, just a thought.

Thumbs up Deathstar playset

I'd be interested in a modular Deathstar so long as it is bigger and badder than the old Kenner one. AND of course it would have to have a trash compactor addition. Hasbro could even offer "bags of trash" for like $2 that you could add to the compactor. I think it's sucha good idea there's no way in Hell Hasbro will ever do it!

Heck, I'd even be stoked to see a reissue of the Classic Death Star set from the 1970s. They could just do a little retooling --- a much better trash compactor and I'd rush out to the stores for it!

RETOOL THE OLD PLAYSET + SELL NEW ADD ON PLAYSETS THAT CAN BE CONNECTED (EXAMPLE: THE HANGER WHERE THE FALCON WAS) + A RETOOLED/DESIGN OF THE TRASH COMPACTOR = ONE COOL DEATH STAR SET.

THIS IS REALLY WISHFUL THINKING!

The old playset would not suffice in this age of technical and figural wonders.

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

Originally posted by SNAYSON
    RETOOL THE OLD PLAYSET + SELL NEW ADD ON PLAYSETS THAT CAN BE CONNECTED (EXAMPLE: THE HANGER WHERE THE FALCON WAS) + A RETOOLED/DESIGN OF THE TRASH COMPACTOR = ONE COOL DEATH STAR SET.

THIS IS REALLY WISHFUL THINKING!
    I think that's a GREAT idea!

anyone remeber Hasbro's GI Joe aircraft carrier playset? It's BIG! Imagine the Death Star modular playset combined together with multi levels. Kids definitly would get a kick out of that. Collectors ,i think, would also get a kick out if it recreating scenes of the movie in one big playset.

ME personally (my opinion) i would be stoked about it.

Me too! Even though I would have anywhere to put it!

AWSOME to think about and dream too. If the Shuttle price point is going to be $125 can you imagine what the DS playset would be? $200, $300? How about the modular playsets? They would cost at least $50 if not more. There has to be a way and one that Hasbro can do to let us all in on it.
    "The Negotiator, General Kenobi."

I don't see as how any modular playset would have to cost over $30. I mean for the larger ones. Smaller playsets could go for as little as $15-20. The important thing is scale; these would definitely have to be scaled down at least some. If not to keep the price down, then to keep the size of the finished product from becoming unmanageable!