Question Target's E2 "Bonus Track" Soundtrack

I was wondering if anyone has picked up Target's version of the E2 soundtrack that touts an "exclusive Target bonus track"? What is this track? Is it really any different from the sntk at other retailers? And is this just a condensed version with a more complete version to come out later?
    "I'm getting too old for this kind of thing"

I bought mine at Wal-Mart, so I didn't get the track, but a friend got his from Target, and I listened to the bonus track. Sure, I would have rather purchased a copy of it . . . but I don't feel that the track is worth buying another copy for.

I don't know about a future "Ultimate" edition of AOTC soundtrack, but I wouldn't bet against it.

EDIT: oops, I took out the scene reference. Pendo, thanks for pointing out that we're in the General Discussion forum - sorry to anyone who may have seen that.
    Last edited by 2-1B; 05-06-2002 at 11:56 AM.

I have the Target version...

I really like the track. It's one of the more "fast paced" tracks on the disc. I preferred getting the track over the screensaver or whatever thing the other vendors were shilling out with the disc.

I would certainly believe that a "complete" version of the soundtrack will show up. It will probably have a dialogue version of the "Love Theme" or even the "Across the Stars" medley appended to the end as a "Bonus Track".
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

If you're in the UK I know Woolworths do the Bonus Track, thats where I got mine from, I don't know if anywhere else does it. The track is called "On The Conveyor Belt" and I quite like it. I agree with Caesar, if you already have the normal version of the CD it's not worth buying another just for the Bonus Track, but if you're gonna get the CD for the first time its worth getting the Bonus Track, it's a interesting listen. I don't want to reveal any Episode II Spoilers in the General Discussions section so I won't describe what happens on the film for the track (even though Caesar has already told some of it), but it does show it just by listening to it. John William's work is brilliant!

I wish Sony Classical had taken extra effort to print the name and number of the track on the back of the CD cover.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Hey All,

Thanx for the info. I haven't yet bought this yet - I'm waiting til after the movie. But with all your help, I think I'll go for the 'bonus track' version. John Williams IS awesome!!
    "I'm getting too old for this kind of thing"

Of all the new music on the soundtrack disc, I think this track is my favorite. As I've said before, it reminds me of an adventure through a bustling Jawa sandcrawler. I wouldn't buy 2 versions of the disc, but I'd only get the bonus-track version.

Though to be fair, this can't be the "complete version" since it's about half the length of the film, so it's probable that we'll get an "ultimate edition" and if that's the case, then the "bonus track" will be no bonus at all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, what do you expect from such an "ultimate" edition? 70% of the movie, 75% tops?
    I remember there was some controversy with the TPM ultimate, but I can't remember how much of the score is included . . .

As I didn't love the Ep 1 soundtrack, I didn't drop more coin on the "ultimate edition", but the one my friend played for me seemed to be a VERY large chunk of the film - at least 75% (and SW films are VERY musical, so that's like around 2 hours). He claims it's the entire film's progression with the final edits - without sound f/x or dialogue - but I cannot confirm that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I believe that the ultimate soundtrack for EP1 does contain music from the entire film. It's pretty long, about 2 hr. The only spot I can think of where there isn't music in the movie is a huge chunk of the podrace due to the sound of the engines, but music is played starting when that thing falls off from Anakins' engine.

It even has that weird desert music track from Tatooine and the Duel of the Fates version with dialogue. I think it's a great compilation, but I wish Sony/Lucasfilm hadn't pulled that crap with putting out the uncomplete version first. If I had known, I would have waited for the full set.

What really irks me about the EP1 OG soundtrack is that the tracks are not in the order they appear in the movie. The opening track after the main theme goes right into the music when the Queen's ship gets to Coruscant and not the music when the diplomatic ship arrives at Naboo. What's up with that?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas