Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Leia's Torture

  1. #1

    Leia's Torture

    So, as part of my continuing prep for Ep II, I am in the middle of my film festival at home and just finished watching ESB.

    We first see C-3PO getting blown into pieces. Then Solo gets fried on the torture rack. And Chewy's sensitive hearing is compromised.

    I got to wondering, what did they do to Leia? Did she get beat up? No visible marks on her anywhere. Did she get emotionally tortured? No lasting fatigue. Rape? The clothes are intact.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    They didn't do anything to Liea. Solo wasn't tortured he was prepped for the carbonate. It was painful, but it was just a test run. Remember the only reason why Solo was frozen is to make sure it was safe for the Emperors Prize (Luke Skywalker). A reason why Chewy may have been tortured is because of the Empires racism. They do not like other species. Or it was just a noise that happened all the time, and Chewy didn't like it.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

  3. #3
    Originally posted by icatch9
    Solo wasn't tortured he was prepped for the carbonate. It was painful, but it was just a test run. Remember the only reason why Solo was frozen is to make sure it was safe for the Emperors Prize (Luke Skywalker).
    I always thought Solo was being tortured, to see if he would spill any information. If that was to prepare him for the carbonite than why don't they need to prepare Luke for the carbonite? If they were going to test it properly for Luke then they wouldn't prepare Han for it, because they can't exactly do that to him can they?
    Anyway, whatever they were doing it looked painful.

    About Leia's torture, I seen a picturre somewhere once of Vader levitating her as part of her torture. I can't remember it all. I will try and find the info and pic for ya.

    PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

  4. #4
    Here's something from Cinescape that might be helpful.

    PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

  5. #5
    I thought Han and Chewie were tortured so Luke good sense it and want to go and help them.That's what I thought the point was.Maybe Hans torture was Leia's too.If she loved him seeing him go through that maybe was all they needed to do to her.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

  6. #6
    Excellent insight, Dryanta! Hadn't thought of that.

    I also think it may have something to do with her being tortured on the Death Star and revealing nothing. So who do they focus the torture on? Two former smugglers whose ties to the Rebellion are believed to be tenuous at best, and who haven't been subjugated to Imperial interrogation.

    That and, well, the droid was blown up and Vader wanted his ol' childhood buddy put back together unharmed so he could provide comic relief for years to come.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  7. #7
    King's to Dryanta for the insight!

    I always saw Han's torture as punitive, not coercive since "they didn't even ask him any questions." Even if Vader was doing it to lure Luke, he was still mighty upset over Han's role in foiling his plans.

  8. #8
    Accroding to the books and the Radio Drama Han was actually being tortured for information about the Rebels.
    In the Radio Drama Lando says to Fett that Torture was never a part of the bargain between Lando and Vader.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

  9. #9
    This reminds of an episode of Get Smart:

    Croanie: Torture?
    Head boss: No, no torture
    [the head boss is killed]
    Same Croanie: Torture?
    New head boss: No, no torture.
    [the new head boss is killed]
    Croanie/Newest head boss: Now we have torture.


    I always thought that scene with Han was just torturing him for the heck of it for all his evading...and blasting Vader in ANH... not too mention the blasting his hand before..hand...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

  10. #10
    Originally posted by icatch9
    They didn't do anything to Liea. Solo wasn't tortured he was prepped for the carbonate. It was painful, but it was just a test run.
    That's not right. Solo got the rack before Vader was warned about the Carbonite.

    Originally posted by icatch9

    Remember the only reason why Solo was frozen is to make sure it was safe for the Emperors Prize (Luke Skywalker).
    That's correct.

    Originally posted by icatch9

    A reason why Chewy may have been tortured is because of the Empires racism. They do not like other species. Or it was just a noise that happened all the time, and Chewy didn't like it.
    The idea that I've always run with is that they were being tortured without obvious cause. Vader "knew" that Luke would "sense" the pain of his friends and run to their rescue.

    C-3PO was just an unfortunate accident and who knows if Luke's Midichlorians could have picked up on the droids problems anyway.

    Han was given a lot of physical pain and Chewy was driven to "insanity." Leia just came off as "worried" or something.

    Originally posted by Dryanta

    I thought Han and Chewie were tortured so Luke good sense it and want to go and help them.That's what I thought the point was.Maybe Hans torture was Leia's too.If she loved him seeing him go through that maybe was all they needed to do to her.
    That works only if Vader knew that Leia and Han had something going. But there was no reason for anyone to really expect it, especially someone outside their close circle of acquaintances back at the Rebellion. Plausible, but I'm not sure about that.

    Originally posted by El Chuxter

    Excellent insight, Dryanta! Hadn't thought of that.

    I also think it may have something to do with her being tortured on the Death Star and revealing nothing. So who do they focus the torture on? Two former smugglers whose ties to the Rebellion are believed to be tenuous at best, and who haven't been subjugated to Imperial interrogation.
    But it wasn't about "questions" or getting information. Pure torture to lure Luke into the trap.


    So, the question remains, what, if anything, did they do to Leia?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO