Consumer Demand for Accuracy in Detail & scale

Thank you Hasbro for improving quality and providing variety over the years. You've come along way since the muscle bound Luke in 1995.

There have been some wonderful figures made since then, but, due to lack of accuracy in detail, I chose not to buy them.

For example, the Bespin Security Guard was well proportioned. However, his jacket was open. Why would sculpters do that if the character was never seen that way?

Secondly, I would love to see a properly scaled Chewbacca. One who truly towers over other figures as he does in the movies. I think you've received similar feedback in other forums. The 25th Anniversary version was a step in the right direction, but, he was not upright and his crossbow was inaccurate (the bow faced out instead of in). As a result, I did not buy this set either.

Another note about the Han / Chewy set is that all the Hans I saw had a crack around his neck that looked like poor quality moulding. With current technolgy, this should be unacceptable.

The latest Bespin Han is a great figure, especially with the functional holster. Hasbro, I hope we see more functional holsters. However, the weapon was so flimsy, it could not be held in Han's hand withoout the aid of a rubberband. I realized this after taking the band off. I also noticed it had scarred Han's hand permanently which reflects the quality of material. A play feature is to put the gun in the holster and then have him hold it in his hand. The latter can't be done without having to reinstall the cumbersome rubber band. One would lose interest - what a waste of a good figure, all because of the weapon, or cheap hand.

You've made some great figures over the years. I particularly like the Scout Trooper, Bo Shek and Removable Helmet Darth. My only complaint with Darth, is that he too is not to scale. MAKE HIM TALLER so he can tower over the other figures as he does in the movie.

Thanks for reading Hasbro and may this feedback be constructive for you and be addressed.

I agree with most of this. A lot of your statements regarding scale accuracy sound very similar to thoughts I have posted in other threads. So much so that I actually had to recheck the name this was posted under to make sure it wasn't mine! Vader's scale has always been one of those nagging points for me. Hopefully the new Bespin Vader will remedy this; the old POTF2 Bespin Luke was the SAME size as almost all of the Vader figures! Please Hasbro, try to stick to established scale with your figures! Thank you.

By the way, my Bespin capture Han has no problem gripping his gun. Sounds like you might've gotten a defective one! I do know what you mean though.
    Last edited by RooJay; 05-06-2002 at 10:47 PM.

The 25th anniversary han doesn't have a cracked neck that's just poopoo from anybody saying it. he has a seperately molded neck piece that's made of softer rubbery plastic which is why a join can be seen. It's not a crack it's supposed to be that way. So stop thinking all the ones you saw are duds and go get one.

What about mechanic Chewbacca? He's the correct scale. The new saga blue carded 'Chewbacca Bespin capture' is the right scale and both of these figures are upright. The only thing they're missing is a correct bowcaster. But if you join the petition for a Chewbacca with removable bandolier you could add your request for a correct bowcaster to the list or requirements.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    The 25th anniversary han doesn't have a cracked neck that's just poopoo from anybody saying it. he has a seperately molded neck piece that's made of softer rubbery plastic which is why a join can be seen. It's not a crack it's supposed to be that way. So stop thinking all the ones you saw are duds and go get one.
    Jargo is correct about that, it's intentional some just look a little worse then others. Hasbro even addressed the question on their website cause there were alot of complaints. Here is their exact reply about the visable seam from Hasbro's website.

Question:
    There is a horizontal crack on the 25th anniversary Han Solo & Chewbacca. Is it a defect?

Answer:
    The "crack" is where Han's shirt is broken into a separate piece. This was intentionally done during the manufacturing process. The flesh area below Han's neck should be painted. If the one you have is not painted flesh color, it is a mistake.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Just to clarify a few points I've edited my previous post slightly. Just want to make sure I'm clear...

I think the open jacket on the Bespin Guard made what could have been a boring figure more interesting. Some embellishment is accetable IMO if the end result is a more interesting figure.

Irregardless, if you expect perfection out of a $7 piece of plastic, then you are probably in the wrong hobby.

Jargo is right about the Mechanic Chewie, he is correctly scaled and my Bespin Han has never had a problem holding his gun.