Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi

Can you move his arms and head or are they stuck in that position?

Pretty much stuck. I can move his right arm a wee bit, but the left one is very firm. That's quite a statue!

His arms and head are molded individually to NOT move - they are glued together and the sockets and posts are hex-patterns to deter movement.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's weird, my Obi Wan Spirit has round sockets, and round pegs. After I tried to force his arms to turn when I first opened him the glue gave way. Now I can pose his arms, and the joints are still tight enough for the limbs to stay in place.

Mine don't move... I think he looks pretty funny, actually. He looks like he's singing the "Popeye the Sailor Man" theme song. Seriously, look at him and imagine it. Pretty funny stuff.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

RooJay, is this the one from the Cinema Scene? I will go back and look at both versions of this figure to make sure I'm mis-remembering on this, but I think I'm not.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, I think you're right because when I got the Spirits Cinema Scene the first thing I noticed was that they pulled the left arm off of the Lay's version (didn't the old one have a fist?) and replaced it with a "normal" one.

This is the Mail away version I'm talking about. I've never tried this with the Cinema Scene version. I'd take a picture, but I've been down that road before and don't think it'd make much difference.

Here's a close-up of the arm post. There is a flat section on the bottom, but it's round for the most part. That flat section doesn't hinder the movement on my figure at all because...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mvc-900f.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	1699