darth maul lightsaber

does anybody here have the E-1 Darth Maul Lightsaber ?
    since I'm planning on buying one I would first like to know who long it exactly is - could someone tell me the size of the hilt separate and the saber all together "folded" out (in cm)

BTW the blades are removable aren't they?

hilt = 21 inches (53.3 cm)
    total extended length = 64 inches (162.5 cm)

You can remove the blades by unscrewing the endcaps of the hilt. This does leave the electronics exposed.

It depends on which type of D-M Saber you are after ??

There is an electronic version that 'spacelord' gave you details about, or there is a non-electronic version that has the same measurements, but the blades retract fully into the handle. They also are not removable and are activated by a switch.

This version was not boxed, it had a plastic case type thing on one end that also acted as a peg hanger.

Don't wish to confuse you !!
    TK6540 of the UK Garrison

well I meant the electronic one and I bought it today and I LOVE it ! don't know why but every time I look at it or push the button to "activate" the saber I get a "very happy feeling"
    I have it in my arm at the moment

187, congrats, it is a cool item, but be careful of that reset button - that is one annoying feature to accidentally hit.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

yeah I wondered what does the reset button exactly do?
    it usually just shuts the lightsaber down but is there anything else it does?

Sometimes, the saber will "lock up" during regular play, something incompatible between the flash bulbs at each end and the sound card I think. The button resets the saber when this happens. However, I've noticed that hitting the reset when it's unnecessary causes the saber to not start sometimes, once I had to hit it a dozen times AFTER clearing both flash bulbs' capacitors.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

thanx for the info
    the instructions in the box of mine were in japanese or chinese so...

The instructions on mine may as well have been in Japanese, the US ones are so worthless IMO.