Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Disco Luke is here!

Thats all I could think of when I saw this picture:http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...s/SW25Luke.jpg
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

I also just thought of this: Those sneaky b@stards at Hasbro managed to slip ANOTHER Tatooine Luke under our noses. I guess they thought it'd been a whole year or so since the last one...........

The Leia better be good.

Wow, I checked more into that Toy Palace Germany site. I had no idea The Phantom Menace translated into "Die dunkle Bedrohung" in German.

As for the umpteenth Tatooine Luke, how are they gonna make a commemorative two pack without him? They just made an X-Wing Luke and a Ceremonial 2-Pack would just be two figures standing there. So I'm willing to let this one slide.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Toy Palace site in Germany?? do you mean the link didn't work or something.

Obviously the commerative pack wouldn't work without him, my "sneaky Hasbro" comment was in jest. But I do wish he had more articulation, I don't like one pose figures.

No the link worked fine, I just got nosey and started checking out other stuff on the same site and stumbled across the Toy Palace in Germany thing.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Good lord...

He looks as though he's going to fall over!

What human being would stand in that pose?!?
    All your base are belong to us!

Actually it's supposed to recreate the "swinging over Death Star chasm" scene. What they don't show is the prototype Leia that's supposed to be in his arms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25thlukeleia.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	70  

Put him and the 2-pack Han together, and they look like to guys that have had a really wild night.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Lightbulb

Actually, Fulit, I thought of the old SW logo that had Leia with a gun held to the side and Luke with his saber over his head. I LOVE the old Kenner style packaging though on the 2-pack!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Hey evenflow....thats a good idea, I can see it now:

Han: I sure hope we get to see some big American breasts tonight!

Luke: Of course we will, after all we're..

Both: TWO WILD AND CRAZY GUYS!

Last edited by Starfig873; 09-09-2001 at 04:57 PM.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!