Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kamino Escape Jango Fett... NO SPOILERS Please.

I haven't really paid a lot of attention to this figure - mostly because I had him in the cockpit of Slave 1, and he was just sitting there. But when I pulled him out one day, I tried to bend his legs, and one just wouldn't budge. It's got that feel to it, like if you move it, you just know it's going to break off (or that it's stuck and you have to force it to get it moving).
    Granted, even if I could move it, it's really got no place to go (with how he's posed and with the holsters and stuff) but it just seems like I'm getting a lot of lemon's lately (Dlx Mace's magnet: I took my other one back and the new one isn't really that much better; and just yesterday I noticed Kit Fisto's hand was half way out of the socket; one wing of my Starfighter doesn't fit tightly; the heads keep fallin' off the battle droids; saber blades are curved....yeesh ). But I would feel better if anyone else is having the same problem, or if all Jango's were like this. Then I wouldn't have to worry about taking it back, if it's even worth doing so.
    Also, I noticed that you really can't take his helmet off and on too often. The thing is so tight that it will rub the paint right off his hair.
    Am I just full of complaints, or what?
    Last edited by Lman316; 05-07-2002 at 09:43 AM.

No, you're summing up a major point. These damn things'll break if you so much as look at them. The blade of Plo Kloon's sabre fell out the other day and took forever to find. There's the well documented issue about Ani's loose appendage, and I had the same worry about Jango's helmet either rubbing off paint, or eventually not staying on properly.

I also agree that certain limbs feel like they're gonna snap in a minute. And the wings on the starfighter - don't even go there!!!!
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

hey Lman good to hear from you.My Jango's legs are fine.The right on is a little tighter than the left but it frees up just fine.
    I have his helmet off because i thought that hair or nose paint would take a beating.My battle droids are fine.I have also had alot of bent blades.I shift them in the figures hand every so often to keep them from drooping to much in any one direction.
    I don't think you're full of complaints.No more than any one else any way
    I've been fortunate and haven't had half the problems I've read about here.Hope it helps and hope to see you back more often soon.oops.My Jedi star fighter is also a really good fit.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

well the legs of mine are just fine and since I heard about the helmet/paint oof-scratching here in the forums (thanx guys) I only tried it once to put on the helmet and it didn't look good so I gently pulled it off again and voila: nothing happened, no paint scratches or anything else
    I now just display him w/o helmet since his head sculpt looks pretty cool IMO

Re: Kamino Escape Jango Fett... NO SPOILERS Please.

Originally posted by Lman316
    it just seems like I'm getting a lot of lemon's lately (Dlx Mace's magnet: I took my other one back and the new one isn't really that much better; and just yesterday I noticed Kit Fisto's hand was half way out of the socket; one wing of my Starfighter doesn't fit tightly; the heads keep fallin' off the battle droids; saber blades are curved....yeesh ). But I would feel better if anyone else is having the same problem, or if all Jango's were like this. Then I wouldn't have to worry about taking it back, if it's even worth doing so.
    Also, I noticed that you really can't take his helmet off and on too often. The thing is so tight that it will rub the paint right off his hair.
    Am I just full of complaints, or what?
    Well, as far as the Jango goes, my personal one is fine. I love him. I haven't noticed any rubbing off of paint due to his helmet or anything and his legs move fine.

As far as your other toy problems go thoguh, a lot of the things you mention seem to be common place.

-the Battle Droids heads will ALWAYS fall off Every one I've seen from the AOTC line has this problem. The only solution is to leave on the little rubberband that comes wrapped around the head.

-Curved saber blades; personally I don't consider this a quality issue like the Battle Droid heads. If the blades were made out of stiffer plastic they would simply break. You can only do so much when dealing with parts that small and narrow. But it is a common problem with the new sabers. I simply bend them carefully back into shape.

-Jedi Starfighter. I LOVE this thing! I'm sorry to hear so many people seem to be having trouble with these, but mine works great so far.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

My Jango is fine. His legs are nice and tight and easily stand him up. If i want to move them i can without any problems. His helmet can go on and off without problems. Haven't noticed any paintwear at all. The only problem i have is with Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase. His waist is so loose that you can't turn his head without holding onto his chest. It's that loose. I thought about returning him to the store to get another, but they probably won't take it back simply because the item is not broken, just lacking a bit. I'm not really worried about my Obi-Wan because it doesn't detract from his beardiness look, but i still feel kinda ****ed that it's like that anyway. I spend $10 on him, so i'd expect, no i'd demand some quality in this fig. This is just sloppy. Anyone else have this waist problem?

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

How to fix your battle droids:

Put the battle droid head between your thumb and forefinger, and squeeze the head together for a few moments. Then attach it to the ball of the neck. Your head should now fit much better, and it's a simple fix. No need for to keep the rubber bandie on his head.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

My Jango is fine, no paint-wearing, no joint problems and he stands well. Same goes for my Obi-Wan.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Jango's left leg won't move. Obi-Wan's waist is loose for me too. HD Ani's arm always falls off...and I had to tape Dooku's cape to him to keep it from flying off when he slashed his lightsaber.

can't believe it
    Lman clearly says in the thread title no spoilers and what happens: someone gives out a spoiler about hangar duel Ani
    maybe Lman already knows it but still it could be that he doesn't (didn't) know it until now
    no offense, but I hope he hasn't read your reply deadeye and please edit it so there is no spoiler in it anymore
    thanx