Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are You Ready?!!!!!

YEAH Baby!!!!! It's football season again! It's time to Rock!
    Go STEELERS!!!!!
    Who's your team?

I was totally pumped until an hour ago, my J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! JETS! never get a break. I am still pumped though, there is always next week.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Thumbs up At The Confluence.

Here we go, The 'Xir, here we go! Heinz Field opens this year, where the Steel Town "Burghers will go 8-0, to finish 15-1 (since J-ville got a lucky win today )! Anybody see those absolutely horrendous calls by the replacement officials in the Oakland [Tusken] Raiders/KC Chief Chirpas game today? Ugh.
    "That's what Sheev said."

This year is the Eagles' year to go to the "Super Bowl".

Did I mention that "Super Bowl" is what they call their toilet. GOOOOOOOO TEAM!

Wooo! Go LA Raiders... um, go LA Rams... aw crap!!! In such a major market as LA, wouldn't it make sense for the NFL to try to make a little extra scratch by allowing a new team for LA? Or do they want lower viewership and lower purchasing of licensed merchandising in one of the West Coast's largest markets? Stupid football league.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Living in an area of the country that has no football team of it's own gives me the freedom to choose the team I actually like not just the one that happens to be closest to me. Given that I still don't have a favorite team. Although I do usually pick the Steelers or Vikings when I play NFL Blitz. Does that count for anything?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Originally posted by JediTricks
    Wooo! Go LA Raiders... um, go LA Rams... aw crap!!! In such a major market as LA, wouldn't it make sense for the NFL to try to make a little extra scratch by allowing a new team for LA? Or do they want lower viewership and lower purchasing of licensed merchandising in one of the West Coast's largest markets? Stupid football league.

I was under the impression, all your fooseball teams left because of cruddy attendance numbers, low merchandise sales, and an overall lack of enthusiasm for them. Not you specifically JT, but LA in general seemed to have an apathetic stance towards pro football and that's why your lovable Rams now reside about 5 hours south of me it St Louis: "The gateway to the West" (lordy what a silly slogan)
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    And I don't follow football fanatically, but I often root for the New Orleans Saints because....GEEZ. They gotta win ONE of these days...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Don't fret none, JT! At least LA still has the LA Express. Oh wait, that was the USFL. Well, there's still the LA Extreme. Oh yeah, the XFL folded too. That's right, there's the LA Avengers in the Arena League, but didn't they shut down as well?

My advice is to just move out of town or start watching something else, like the LPGA.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Thumbs down

Become an Arid-zona Cardinals fan, JT! Rumor is that they'll be the team we in the LA area will be honored with, once Phoenix realizes it's too hot to come out, paying inflated prices, to see football of lesser quality than the in-town ASU Sun Devils.

NFL = No Football in LosAngeles
    "That's what Sheev said."