Hybrid View

star wars catalog

i miss the star wars catalogs that kenner put out (in the 70's and 80's) and included inside the vehicles and playsets. Those catalogs were fun to look at. many of times i said to myself looking at the catalog "wish i had this".

I don't remember the SW ones too well, but the "folders" (as my friends and I called them) for GIJoe and Transformers were almost as much fun as the toys themselves. Many was the time when a friend would call me (or vice versa), and the convo would go something like this:

Me: Hey, Mom took us to Richway and she picked me up some new Autobot called "Kup."
    Friend: Kup?
    Me: Yeah. He's like a weird Cybertron car or something. They had Sharkticons and some other Cybertron cars and all sorts of other stuff.
    Friend: Maybe they're from the movie? Was there a Unicorn Planet playset?
    Me: No. But I got a new folder!
    Friend: Totally radical!
    [And thus, Kup was forgotten.]
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd also love to see these make a comeback Hasbro! Please no generic Hasbro product line catalogs that we see from time to time though. We would like to have some Star Wars only catalogs.

Both the Ep 2 speeders I bought on April 23rd have checklists that go to Saga figure #30 and pics of some of them, as well as other SW Hasbro products. I would only ask that next time Hasbro does one of these, that they put pics of ALL the figures on the list instead of just half.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Agreed.
    I think I got one with the Reek. Remember that Wal-Mart promo poster from 1998? I loved it because it reminded me of the old vintage lineups (even though it omitted many accessories).
    I'd like to see a lineup like that put into a new catalog. The Episode I catalogs were the worst, IMO.

i would really like to see a star wars catalog like to old vintage lineup. It was cool to look at and gave something young kids to wish and dream for. Made a good check list too!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    They had a Promo poster at Celebration II that was similar to the mail away POTF2 poster. It had the first 40 SAGA figures on it and a checklist at the bottom.

I think they also had an Episode I version at Cel1 but I wasn't in Denver so I don't know. I thought I saw some of the dealers at Cel2 have them on their displays. Anyone have one of the Episode 1 versions?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

catalogs would be cool, i almost like looking at them as i do buying from them
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda