Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I asked Hasbro about the Reek's uh....wee-wee button???

OK, let's keep the thread clean, but the answer is legitimate news to report, in spite of how funny this thread will easily become, LOL!

A week ago or so, we had to close the thread "Why does Hasbro want us to push the Reek's Wee-Wee?"

It got a little raunchy, and we have kids coming to this site. Keep that in mind. LOL - I'm trying to too. But who knows if even I get censored for this one...

But any kid I know of would take a look at the red, swollen, bulge between the monster's rear legs that we have to push to make the animal go into bucking spasms, and come to the same conclusions we all did with regards to this. Hey, it's the immature kid in me that makes me want to yell this "foul" out over here!

Heh-heh-heh - You better believe I asked Hasbro about this in a room with over 70 people!

But I put it even more delicately -

And they were laughing too!

NOW:

The legitimate answer to the question you all wanted to know -

1) More important than who could be Anakin's father?

2) More relevant than will AOTC beat Spiderman at the box office?

3) And more philosophically challenging than "What is the meaning of life?"

SirStevesGuide's Tycho asks Hasbro:

WHY DO YOU WANT US TO PUSH THE REEK'S WEE-WEE?!!!

oooh -that's so disgusting!

AND THE ANSWER IS:

The sculpt was exactly perfect, according to what they were going for.

Placing the button on a side position would have interfeared with the design the sculptor created for the animal.

Since the action feature is a rising up and bucking motion, placing the button on the creature's back would defeat the purpose: you'd be pressing down while the creature was supposed to be bucking up.

So that left the underbelly in a location that the designers could best hide the feature in the sculpt and in such a position that this part of the beast stays put, relative to the ground. The front end, as you're well aware, has to rise up. And Hasbro wanted the button legitimatley hidden so the animal looks real, rather than like a toy.

So that is the answer.

Though it still begs the question: "well what about a tail switch?"

Also the action feature doesn't work that well, because you still have to hold the Reek down to push the button. Pushing up on the Reek's wee-wee, without using your other hand, will undoubtedly cause the Reek to come up unnaturally - and too prematurely. *Grin*

I'm not sure you can gain satisfaction with this action feature unless you use both hands.

Tycho, I can't believe you asked that and the sniffing the mouse droid question in front of people. Dude, you seriously need some help. I think the people here on the forums that care about you should hold an intervention.

But I'm glad Hasbro answered your question, and it's the same thing that I and quite a few others told you. It was to hide the button in the best place. It just happened to be there.

Oh, did anyone ask any questions about Yarna D'al Gargan or R5-D4, or any of the other figures that most of the people here in the forums have been having seizures, waiting for.

Oh, just got Captain Typho in the mail today, and I have officially dubbed him Captain Tycho. He's standing next to my Mouse Droid and my newly aquired Reek.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I am able to use this feature with one hand.
    I hold the Reek by the tail and then reach around with my forefinger to push the button. Then he's still able to buck up and down while it attacks my figures.

So um... why couldn't they have put a button on one of the legs that blended in with the rest of the leg and you would just push it inward?... It wouldn't take away from the sculpt, and you wouldn't have to hold the Reek (I guess) you would just hold it by the legs like: ( ) and press the button inward with a finer then that wouldn't hold it down so the feature could work better than it probably does with it having it's under-belly have the button.

Stupid perverted Hasbro.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

This may be wrong to ask, but I'll do it anyway. Tycho, have you tried sniffing the Reek's button?
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Tycho, *tsk, tsk, tsk*, That is REALLY getting borderline . I just encourage everyone to remain, *sigh* somewhat un-perverted, please. That's all I ask. Its not much.
    And Rouge II, yeah that was really wrong to ask. Try to refrain from that type of questioning please.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Basker, the button has to go on the main body section, or you end up with an unposeable statue. It also has to be located somewhere straight back from the parts of the body that it moves. It's just not gonna work anywhere else, it's in the best place possible for to not hurt the sculpt. Trying to put it on the legs, would just make the action feature harder to make, and less reliable. Besides, like was brought up before, the same button placement was used on some of the Jurassic Park dinos.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I apologize withdraw my previous question. I have to run over to Target now and pick up a Captain Tycho.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Besides, like was brought up before, the same button placement was used on some of the Jurassic Park dinos.
    I don't have any of the bigger Lost World dinos or the JP/// dinos but I got alot of the JP1 dinos and I only had one that had something like that which was this Raptor they released that they made the size of the T-Rex and it had rubber skin for "real feel" so they kinda had to make it like that.

I thought unreliable was Hasbro's hidden first name?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

You asked them that!

Why Tycho? Why? Why are you so different? Why must you stand out in a crowd of strangers and make yourself appear to be a total nut job?

Someone, please call the Insane Asylum. Tycho needs some serious help.