Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Get this demo, you'll do yourself a favor...

ok, it is the best demo i've ever played. ever!!!. Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix. it is a violent game, but it is very fun.if you are a fan of the first one, you will LOVE this one.
    it is 50 megs, but it is very much worth it. you can get itfrom SoF2 Files
    there are a few game play modes.
    Infiltration: Two teams, Terrorists, and Counter-Terrorists. its kind of like CS, no respawn. the Terrorists win when they either kill the opposing team, or they bring the briefcase to the Helicopter.
    Elimination. Two teams, no respawn. one team wins when they wipe the other one out.
    DM: Straight Deathmatch.
    TDM: straight Tem Deathmatch.
    Good weapons too.
    lets see, M4, a couple shotguns, AK-74 with a bayonet on the end that you can use, Grenade launcher, rocket launcher, SOCOM (MGS2 anyone? ), a .45 pistol, and a few others.
    right now, its not even the official demo, its a Alpha Multi test. there are quite a few severs for each game type, and i've only encountered a couple that are pass protected, or have voting disabled.let me know if you see me, my in-game name is
    an Ugly SOB, let me know if you're from here, if you happen to see me.
    seeyah there, hopefully. :happy:
    Last edited by Jason B; 04-26-2002 at 03:43 PM.

Yes, I know. I play this all the time using the name....

*drum roll*

DeadEye!

It's an awesome game. And the pistols are .45, not .40

Originally posted by DeadEye
    And the pistols are .45, not .40
    found and fixed.

I so desperately want to try it out but I'm on a dialup and can't handle it.

hey, just do an over-night download, or get a download accelerator. you can get a decent one at Download.com.

Well, that's part of the problem but I still wouldn't be able to play it because of the lag. ..... there wouldn't happen to be bots would there?

Thumbs up

I'm on dial-up, and I'm in Maine, but believe it or not, the best server for me ping-wise is the Jolt.co.uk server in the UK. (duh ) i play on other servers too, and I really dont ping that bad.
    EDIT: oh yeah, no bots. there will be in the full though, i heard today that it'll be the best AI yet. there's this one scene where you're with two Bots, and they'll give you and each other hand signals, and they follow them. it is going to be the game of 2002.

I hope they didn't save all their best stuff for Sof2 and give us the second rate stuff in JO. I'd be mad.

i finally downloaded this, and while it's pretty good, it's no medal of honor:allied assault, the best first person shooter i've ever played!

I'm really looking forward to SOF 2. It looks like a big improvement over the original.

I tried the first one, but I really wasn't impressed at all. The animation and graphics were excellent, but the game itself was majorly mediocre. The biggest complaint I had was considering how "real" they kept saying it is, the weapons felt like they were straight out of any generic video game, and the main character could take 4 or 5 hundred bullets and keep going, just like most FPSs.

I don't mind either of those things in other FPSs, but I tried the game specifically because it was supposed to be realistic, and it was just as cartoony as most other shooters.

I'm hoping SOF 2 is a big improvement.

PS Derek -m I agree, MOH rocks!
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?