An all in one R2.

I have an idea for an "all in one" R2. he could come with the lights and sounds from the saga version, removable parts (IE extra foot, scope, data link, tray from jabba's palace), the adjustable feet from the saga version (I don't know if this was implemented earlier) and a lightsber.Is there anyway that this could be done without sacrificing the sculpt?
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

The lights and sounds make him to tall, skip the lights and sound for a deluxe R2-D2. I have posted before that we need a deluxe R2-D2: Endor Bunker Battle Damage. He would have to be deluxe, because all of his little doors would pop open when you pushed the button on top of his head.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I would prefer a deluxe one like MikeandtheBots desribed but without the electronics (since we already have two versions of that)
    I never understood why the flashback had an ignited lightsaber to shoot since it's not like that in the movie (and it made his leg look reeeeaaally stupid and fat)

187, it's about safety regulations, spring-loaded missiles have to be about 3 inches in length or more (the regulation is more complicated, but that's the basic idea). Personally, I'd like an R2 with a non-spring-loaded removable lightsaber hilt and all those other doors on his dome and body able to open (or at least have an alternate dome with removable arms and permanently-open doors).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

well, why make it springloaded then ?
    just make a hole in the dome to put the lightsaber hilt in
    as if any kid would springload that lightsaber and hope it lands whre his figure stands...at least I never really used those firing missiles etc. when I played with my turtles and batman figgie's (which isn't THAT long ago since I'm still very young)

187, I honestly don't know why - 'cause Hasbro's crazy?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Someone at Hasbro should have blown the whistle when the prototype for the Flashback Artoo with springloaded lightsaber was revealed. That is easily worse IMO than POTF2 R5-D4, since R5 could at least pass for a astromech when he was closed up.

I think a super-gimmicky Artoo should be saved for the 6" version. It would compromise the sculpt too much to try it with the 3 3/4" version.